forum

Enigmatic New Year Tourney [Concluded]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
dblade

Introduction

Information (+ Stats Sheets + Group/Bracket Stages + Mappools) | Discord | Player Lists | Stream

Welcome to the Enigmatic New Year Tourney!. Like I promised, we're back, and we're planning to be bigger than the last one. We'll be having three separate rank brackets this time around:
- 8k - 25k
- 25k - 60k
- 60k - 100k ( - 125k)

This tourney will be using score v2, and will have three stages: a qualification stage, a single round-robin group stage, followed by a double-elimination bracket stage.

The Qualification stage will basically be used to limit the number of teams (32 or 64 depending on the size of staff) as well as being used to determine seeding into groups.

The discord server will be the source of pretty much all the information for this tournament, so if you're joining, either as player, staff, or even as a spectator, you'll want to join!

For all of the details of the rules of the tourney, refer to the Information document here or in the discord channel. The discord channel will have all the information you need, and will be where future announcements will be made! So make sure you join the channel if you are participating. As for when I'm opening player registrations, well, I'll just post on this thread and spread the word!

[centre][size=150]Team Registration

Team Registration Form | Soloist Registration Form

Registrations are over! Finalized teams are in the information sheet above!

Just some things to note about registration:

• - To register you would fill out the team registration form, and then have your team join the discord server. (Both the discord link and registration form links will be public when registration goes live).
    - Teams must have at least three members (max 4) to register.
    - If you only have 2 members, you would both apply as soloist but have both of you indicate on the form that you'd want to be on a team with each other. If you happen to find a third to team up with, simply fill out the team form and you'll both be moved from the soloist list automatically.
    - Your team is eligible only if the TOP TWO are in the SAME BRACKET.
    - When I'm putting together soloist teams, I'll be doing my best to try to meet everyone's wants. Do note however that I will not make a soloist team that breaks any of the criteria above. So my suggestion for duos is to find a soloist to join them ^^
    - For Soloists: Make sure to join the discord channel as well!

-------------------------------------

Just some FAQ's that'll be answered here:

• "So if we want to register for 8k-25k rank range and 2 of us are between 8k and 25k and the other two would only be 25k-35k for example, would this be fine?"
    - Yes because the top two ranked members of the team are in the same rank bracket.

"If we have one member in the 8k-25k rank range, and another that's like 45k, would the team still be able to participate?"
    - Yes if you have another member that's in the 8k-25k range (so 3 members total). Otherwise the team breaks the rule mentioned in the first question, and doesn't have three members minimum. You can apply for soloist and mentioned that you want to team up, and if you don't have a team by the time registration closes, I'll try to pair a 8k-25k member to your team (no guarantees however).

Feel free to keep asking me questions! You'll get way faster replies through discord though if you know me.^^

Staff

Staff Registration Form

For the sake of documentation, fill out the staff registration form above. If you plan on playing in the tourney, sign up to staff in brackets outside of the rank bracket you plan to play in; do NOT sign up to staff in your rank bracket. The discord link is at the end of the form, but the link is also here as well.

The roles available for staff are the following (in order of priority):
- Admin
- Streamers
- Referees
- Graphic Designers
- Mappool Selector
- QAT (Mappool Testers)
- Commentators

I have enough mappool selectors this time around!

If you'd want to sign up for a role that's not listed above, feel free to bring it up to me about it. I'm open to suggestions!

Staff List
For the staff list look under the "staff list" tab in the Information link.

Prize

Check out the link in the Information document. Basically, for each rank bracket:

First place: 2 month of supporter per person + badge

Second place: 1 month of supporter per person

Everyone else: FeelsBadMan

Big thanks to BalancedFury and Olii for contributing to the prize pool!

If you'd like to contribute to the prize pool, please contact either myself or one of the admins. You'll be recognized with your name here for your contributions, of course.
_p0ke_
Cute tournament, cute host. c:
SoupAPlayer
Does this mean that there's a Enigmatic tourney every season? :thinking:
Anemic Witch

_p0ke_ wrote:

Cute tournament, cute host. c:
This.
-taufikkun-
looking forward for it :)
Dexx
how do i even sign up as of right now

Edit - I just read the whole doc see you December 15th
Windows 11 Pro
owo whats this?
Voor
will be looking forward to signing up~
Athrun
Interesting....

You better support dem Aussie players hehe
Soquire
No EZ pool((99(9
Nokuga
If you registrate when you are 27k but you rank up to 24k(for example) after you registrated to the tourney then you need to go to the 20-8k category?
Topic Starter
dblade
Yeah you'll be moved up to the next bracket. But that'll be done at the end of registrations.
Zephyte
Just to make sure concerning this one phrase: "The ranks of the top two players in the team must be in the rank range of the bracket they are to participate in."

So if we want to register for 8k-25k rank range and 2 of us are between 8k and 25k and the other two would only be 25k-35k for example, it would still be alright...? Asking because at least one of our guys would probably not reach 25k before the tourney starts owo
Topic Starter
dblade
Yep. That's fine. Your team would be entered in the top bracket with that lineup.

One thing that's not allowed which I'll have to make sure to put in the information sheet that "if the top two players on the team are not in the same bracket then the team is not eligible", which I think is worded how I want it to.

Basically you can't have a a player in the 8k-25k and the rest in the lower brackets. Similarly can't have a player in 25k-60k bracket and the rest in the 60k-100k bracket. The top two players need to be in the same bracket.
Topic Starter
dblade
I went ahead and updated the first post^^. Links will be up there on the 15th as promised

I'll try to answer questions on here much sooner but you'll get much faster replies from me on discord if you know me there.
SiYes
Looking for french players to do this ^^ if someone else want to play why not
Twitchyy
I don't have many osu friends so I'll probably sign up as a soloist. Looking forward to this!
Fozzy
Currently #8259, shall I just ensure I dont fc anything til registrations or is 100 ranks here and there ok? :D

Really excited for this! Would be my first tourney!
Topic Starter
dblade
For the top bracket it'll probably be okay to be 100 off, but try to not go that far off ^^
Vararaup
I'm 7900. Can I decay to 8k before the tourney starts, or being 100 off is okay
show more