forum

[Archived] Map is corrupt: Edited .osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dr_Marc
Problem Details:
I had an collab map with a guy , he switched accounts, map from his alt got deleted by a friend. I still have the mapset, and i edited every .osu's Main Name and in the editor also my name ecetera. It says now its corrupt, wont load up in editor.

Edit: Got it to load now. But now I "Cant upload, the beatmap your submitting isnt yours!"
http://puu.sh/ymd6q/984d48050b.png

although there should be no indication of the "previous mapper"
Pls? What to do to fix the issue?

osu! version: 20171106.5 (latest)
Nitrous

Dr_Marc wrote:

I had an collab map with a guy , he switched accounts, map from his alt got deleted by a friend.
From this alone, it already sounds suspicious activity.

That aside you can make a new difficulty and copy paste everything under [Difficulty], [TimingPoints] and [HitObjects] and make sure you save it while outside the editor. After that you can open it ingame.
Topic Starter
Dr_Marc

Nitrous wrote:

Dr_Marc wrote:

I had an collab map with a guy , he switched accounts, map from his alt got deleted by a friend.
From this alone, it already sounds suspicious activity.

That aside you can make a new difficulty and copy paste everything under [Difficulty], [TimingPoints] and [HitObjects] and make sure you save it while outside the editor. After that you can open it ingame.
I know, i dont like the situation aswell. But it is how it is. I got everything working now, but it still wont let me upload it.
(Look edit above)