forum

Fix Wacom CTL-490 input lag (at least for me)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Oshir
So I got a CTL-490 for my birthday and when I tried it, it indeed had a noticeable amount of input lag. I tried the tape pushing the nib trick, but it sometimes glitched. Then I decided to download a previous version of the drivers and it got fixed! Let me know if this works ;)
Driver version: 6.3.24-5
Link: http://cdn.wacom.com/u/productsupport/d ... .24-5a.exe
Topic Starter
Oshir
stopped working ffs this tablet
Thirty30
I have a CTH490 and those drivers but I don't have an input lag problem (could be cause of my 120hz laptop, or perhaps the CTH490 doesn't have the problem the CTL490 has)
Axilon
1. Try some older drivers. Im using 6.3.18-5 and it works fine for me but im dragging because hovering on this tablet is NOT possible.
2. Open Task Manager--> Details -->Wacom tablet.exe-->right clik Priority=high
Do the same for osu.exe
E m i

https://bitsum.com/
i recommend process lasso to set permanent priority/affinity settings
Topic Starter
Oshir
k thanks
Aakki
REE
Piefayth
I've never been able to get a lag-free hover on my CTL490 without the tape trick (but the tape trick DOES work for me). Dragging has always been fine, and I recommend dragging with the 490.
E m i

Aakkiz wrote:

I just dont get any input lag whatsoever with a CTL-490. My average responce time is 0.45ms
don't bullshit me, that's your frametime and every device has input lag
zeplic
Sheratora
Thanks m8 <3 c:
Zulux
Does the input lag still exist
Luluca

PeanutOG wrote:

Does the input lag still exist

yes but the hawku tablet driver thing fixes it a bit if you want to use that instead of the original wacom drivers
Zulux
bump
Haoming Mei
Thank You so much Oshir, the wacom drivers 6.3.24-5 fixed my input lag 4ms to 1.8ms ;))
Jewdah
I have the CTL 490 and if anyone get input lag in 2020 or 2021 just install the Hawku driver and everything is fixed for me
abraker
please make a new thread