forum

How to play Hidden better ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
biendong123
everybody please! tell me How to play Osu!mania 4k Hidden better? I just Pass 3-3.5* B or A. I want improve my skill so How can i do it? Thanks for watching
Sandy Hoey
Play with it more...
Stickman92
u dont have to play with hidden to improve but if u want to then
the bigger the combo the more HD will hide the notes, so just practice looking at the top all da time
example vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Blrm6mGAIhk of HD mod
my advice is listen to the music closely because it can be easy to press too early in diff bits
Chez
HD forces you to look at the top of the screen and blocks off the rest. Therefore HD is a great mod for improving one's note memory.

You should first make sure that your scroll speed is at the proper speed so that you're looking at least at the middle of the screen or as high as you are comfortable with. Note that getting used to a new scroll speed may take a day or two depending on how much you change it. It is suggested that you only change it slightly if you're very very accustomed to your current scroll speed. Just because you are looking at the top of the screen doesn't mean you can read the notes. If there is a massive decrease in accuracy, then it's not good.

And as Stickman already mentioned, I would highly advise that you pay real close attention to the beat of the music. Maps are generally timed well enough to the song that it's a good source of information in terms of rhythm and even patterns. It might also help to listen to the hit sounds if there are any as they give you great audio feedback of when you are hitting the notes. Play around with the effects and music volume to find the optimal ratio.
Bobbias
Listening closely to the music is key to playing vision mods. Most songs follow standard and predictable rhythmic patterns. I use a combination of listening closely to the music and paying attention to the note rhythms in order to play FL. Im constantly trying not only to read the note patterns but to associate the notes with patterns of sounds in the music.
abraker

friesguy5467 wrote:

HD forces you to look at the top of the screen and blocks off the rest. Therefore HD is a great mod for improving one's note memory.
mmm the note memory applies more for slower scroll speed. At higher scroll speed, you can react just in time to hit the notes

friesguy5467 wrote:

It might also help to listen to the hit sounds if there are any as they give you great audio feedback of when you are hitting the notes. Play around with the effects and music volume to find the optimal ratio.
That has no difference to me as I play w/o hitsounds. If it's slow SV, I try to time by the regular intervals I press the keys - touch based listening as well as the the music if it helps. However, if more than two rows of notes go hidden with notes on multiple columns, I won't be able to time them. Chords get hit as graces as my brain tries to recollect the notes one at the time.
DemonWaves
Well as everybody knows, Hidden is as the same as Flashlight and Fade-In in mania. Only visualization mods. Once you got that, you can go further. You don't need them to get better but in some way it can be a catalyst. Back in the day when i was able to get into DT Ranked stuff to get an higher rank i was stuck due to my reading skills. I put Flashlight on for a week or two and then i got better at reading dense pattern at an higher scroll-speed.

So, as someone said, to get better with Hidden, you have to play more with it. If you used to play Nomod with Scrollspeed 26, stay with it in Hidden it's good like that (If you play FL or FI put your Scrollspeed at (Nomod Scrollspeed/2)+1 that's my personal tip). Then try to really feel the music you're playing. You'll be able "to hit the beat" better and getting a higher accuracy/ratio. Anyway good luck !