forum

[idea?] osu!Olympics

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
uchuuj1n
idk i personally wouldn't host this because i don't have the ability/time/experience to handle too many brackets at once, someone steal the idea of they like it

olympics style? countries compete amongst each other for medals.

ideas for events could be: mods(+combinations), modes, score version and number of players per team
like maybe if its too hard to handle we could start of with maybe like just one mode and a fixed number of players per team, then the events would only be the different mods. then the best country at that mod would win a gold and the second would win silver and so on. that would make about 7(EZ,HD,HR,FL,DT,RX,NM) events, which would be like 7 mini brackets (which would already be hard to handle). maybe even factor in the a score v2 of each bracket and a score v1 of each bracket

but if you let me be ambitious i can envisage the different modes, number of players in a team, and combined mods being factored into an event. an example of one such would be like a 4v4 EZDT ctb event/bracket or a 1v1 RXHDHRDTFL std event/bracket. mods like no miss, pf, nc, ht, or nf could also be considered (with the exception of auto and cinema), or maybe different brackets for the different input devices players use (however this is easily faked on user profiles and cannot really be monitored well). this is to make the olympics more interesting since more events means more points of competition and more entertainment, however it would mean more brackets for the admins and mods to monitor. max players per team should be a limit of 4 due to osu!tourney client limitations and each player should only be allowed to play in 2 events max so that there is variety in the players from each country. brackets according to rank are discouraged because the olympics only look at the best and should't have rank limits.

a little wacky idea for the future but if someone is ambitious i would love to see how it turns out (maybe even be part of the team). thanks for reading :p

Edit: tbh the events need not have any limits, we could use every wacky idea hosts have come up for tournaments and make them into events.
[- -]
OR (since it is called osu!Olympics) it could be players against each other, changing gamemodes (std,takio,mania & ctb).
Edgar_Figaro
An interesting idea, but it seems like either countries would be able to bring as many players as they’d want for all the different events, tournament would have to be restricted to only a few events (not very Olympics like), or teams would need to have a few players skilled in a multitude of mods and modes.
Topic Starter
uchuuj1n
i don't see what's stopping them from signing up as many players as they want for the different events.
Topic Starter
uchuuj1n

K 3 V R A L wrote:

OR (since it is called osu!Olympics) it could be players against each other, changing gamemodes (std,takio,mania & ctb).
but its olympics so what about countries
[- -]

uchuuj1n wrote:

K 3 V R A L wrote:

but its olympics so what about countries
yeah, true! It makes more sense
Haxwill
Well, if someone ever does this with FL events make sure i know about it

not that i can win against the asians