forum

[invalid] [duplicate] 18+ Song filter

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
-BLuR-
The no 18+/NSFW songs is limiting mappers in terms of song choice, this is an all ages game, but I think we could still have more variety in songs by having a filter similar to the swear filter in-game. Lazer is closing in and something like this has in my opinion more pros than cons when it comes to implementing it.

• Check box in editor to mark the song as 18+ or not.
    Default checked option to hide 18+ songs in the game options.
    Beatmap searching on website uses that option to hide/show beatmaps.
    If not logged in 18+ beatmaps hidden by default.
Kondou-Shinichi
just why map 18+ song
just why map nsfw song

how is that limiting when there like not much those songs out there??
Topic Starter
-BLuR-

Kondou-Shinichi wrote:

just why map 18+ song
just why map nsfw song

how is that limiting when there like not much those songs out there??
Why map songs you like?

NSFW songs get banned a lot, and people know not to map them anymore, why only cater to the majority?
Kondou-Shinichi
t/48609
t/103752
t/646209
multiple threads about NSFW and mature content have been denied, and the staff have clearly shown these are not fitting for this game

yeah this is going to be denied
Topic Starter
-BLuR-

Kondou-Shinichi wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/48609
t/103752
t/646209
multiple threads about NSFW and mature content have been denied, and the staff have clearly shown these are not fitting for this game

yeah this is going to be denied
They have not clearly shown it's unfitting for this game, music is an art, why remove some of it?
That's as dumb as saying no English songs allowed, because it doesn't fit this mainly Japanese songs game.

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/319999
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/29859

These are classics to me and my friends, and a whole lot of other people, why shouldn't it be allowed as long as they're clearly M rated?

osu! - Game about music! not your music though 8-)
Nitrous
Duplicate and Invalid t/646209

It was even my request lol.
Nathanael
Music may be an art, but they should still be appropriate where young people can listen to it.
Topic Starter
-BLuR-

Nitrous wrote:

Duplicate and Invalid t/646209

It was even my request lol.
You didn't get any clarification at all, you were just denied.

Nathanael wrote:

Music may be an art, but they should still be appropriate where young people can listen to it.
What do you mean, did you read my request?
If some young person turns off 18+ filter it's the same thing as a 14 year old buying an 18+ game. It happens, and nothing bad occurs because of that anyway, or do you think they will experience trauma from something they wanted to buy? It's not like a kid doesn't listen to whatever he wants to anyway,
how scary can music be? This is a game not a radio station.
Nitrous
I read your request, it is very similar in terms of how it should work ergo having a toggle/setting about R18 yet mine was denied. There is no need to retaliate.