forum

[Archived] Previous Saves???

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Otaku_Seiza
Hello, I was wondering if osu! kept multiple save files for one original beatmap, or if I could retrieve an old save. I was working on an original beatmap for a song and I decided that I also wanted to try to make a Taiko map. I couldn't drag the same music file again and I noticed that changing difficulties on the beatmap caused two separate files to appear for the song, so I thought saving it then changing it to a Taiko map would make two files. After that I cleared the notes to make a fresh start for the map, then saved. I went back to the menu and saw that there was just the one file. All my data is gone, I'm kinda freaking out ^^; is there any way to get the previous save back so I don't have to recreate the progress I once had all over again?
Thank you.
Death
osu! does not keep backups of local maps. If you actually did manage to delete your map unless it is in your recycling bin or you are able to ctrl + z and undo your changes, you most likely won't be able to get it back.

Based on what you said, you did create a new difficulty for your beatmap, so it is possible you changed the title or artist and they are no longer next to each other in the song selection screen. Try to sort your beatmaps by another option in the top right of the song selection screen. In the editor you can also go to File > Open Song Folder and check to see if there are two .osu files in there.