forum

[Archived] Spinner bonus on replays are bugged / inaccurate

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jatie
Problem Details:
Ever since the move from fallback to stable, spinner bonus on some score's replays have been bugged or inaccurate. The spinner bonus will be different to what was actually spun by the player in stable. However, fallback seems to show accurate spin bonus on those replays. One of the best maps to see this in action is the easy difficulty of Gentle Stick X M2U - Hades in the Heaven. The map has 1 long spinner, so it's well known in the spinning community as a benchmark for spin speed.

The top spins on the map in fallback are as so:
lncognito: 61k spin, 253k score
Mephix: 60k spin, 252k score
Fatfan Kolek: 60k spin, 252k score
ExGon: 60k spin, 252k score
Wilken-nyan: 60k spin, 252k score
[Ash]: 59k spin, 252k score (surprised by this one, I've never seen a spinner be inaccurate in fallback before)
ZaVx03: 60k spin, 252k score (couldn't get a good screenshot because he moves away from the spinner too quickly)
gto461013: 60k spin, 252k score
Sundae: 60k spin, 252k score (again not a great screenshot)
[-Griffin-]: 60k spin, 252k score

The top spins of the map in stable are as shown:
lncognito: 59k spin
Mephix: 60k spin
Fatfan Kolek: 59k spin
ExGon: 59k spin
Wilken-nyan: 59k spin
[Ash]: 59k spin
ZaVx03: 59k spin
gto461013: 60k spin
Sundae: 60k spin
[-Griffin-]: 60k spin

A while ago, I did my score (#17 on leaderboard) on fallback, and colour me shocked, 59k in fallback and 58k in stable.

This happens on many other maps, for instance - Flamy Ice -'s score on Ayase Rie - Yuima-ru*World TVver. [Easy] show 21k 11k on fallback (accurate w/ score), but 20k 10k on stable. Flamy Ice claims he did the score on stable, and he also claims that on his stable client it showed 21k 11k in the replay.

Additionally, lncognito's replay on Cold Play - Clocks [Easy] shows spins of 34k 26k 29k on fallback, which is accurate with the score, but on stable it shows 32k 25k 27k, which would put his score at #33 instead of #1.

Just to note, I don't think you will get any sort of advantage from spinning on fallback, because the only thing bugged is the way osu! handles spin bonus in replays on stable (IMO).

I also found a pretty big separate bug while making this thread, I'd prefer if it didn't become public so if any admins can hit me up that would be great.

osu! version: fallback and stable
Sandy Hoey
Replays are inaccurate. This is not new
Topic Starter
Jatie

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Replays are inaccurate. This is not new
this is new because it never happened in fallback