forum

[resolved] PS4 Taiko no Tatsujin Drum Controller Work For This Game?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lyj100
Does anyone know if the newly released PS4 Taiko No Tatsujin: Drum Session! drum controller works for Osu?

The game I'm referring to is this: https://www.play-asia.com/taiko-no-tats ... /13/70bcdd

Would greatly appreciate it if someone can confirm on this because I don't own a PS4 and it would be a waste if I get the drum but it doesn't work for Osu.

Thank you!
Feldspar
Yes, the PS4 taiko controller works for Osu!
I tested it; just gotta change the keybindings for the controller and you'll be good to go~
Topic Starter
lyj100
Sweet! Thank you for the confirmation!
M i l o t i c

ShroudedBowkeys wrote:

Yes, the PS4 taiko controller works for Osu!
I tested it; just gotta change the keybindings for the controller and you'll be good to go~
What program do you use to change the keybindings ?
Feldspar
No additional program is needed.
Just change it via the options menu in Osu!
_pulseR
if i may ask, how does it controller connect to the computer? via bluetooth? if yes if there some delay?
Feldspar
The drum connects with the USB already attached to it (sticking out of the tatacon).
There's really no delay (maybe a really small one, but it's barely noticeable). Only thing to note, though, is that the drum may need to be "warmed up" to increase sensitivity and get used to the responsiveness. Don't be afraid to put a lot of force when drumming.
_pulseR

ShroudedBowkeys wrote:

The drum connects with the USB already attached to it (sticking out of the tatacon).
There's really no delay (maybe a really small one, but it's barely noticeable). Only thing to note, though, is that the drum may need to be "warmed up" to increase sensitivity and get used to the responsiveness. Don't be afraid to put a lot of force when drumming.
i see. thank you!
Feldspar
A very late follow up for some recommendations if you're not playing with headphones.

-Set the hitsounds off (effect volume at 0%) and tweak the universal offset until the sync feels right, so you won't notice any lag. (In my experience, the offset was at -50). With this, you don't have to worry about delay. You can use the actual sound coming from the tatacon instead of an in-game hit sounds.