forum

[Poll] Which difficulties do you hate the most to map?

posted
Total Posts

Which difficulties do you hate the most to map?

Easy
23.46%
Normal
32.10%
Hard
25.93%
Insane
6.17%
Extra
12.35%
Total votes: 81
Topic Starter
Kibbleru
I'm just wondering what you guys hate to make the most.

Personally for me, i absolutely hate making normal difficulties. It's just so awkward to try to find the right balance of 1/1 and 1/2 and keeping it consistent. There's also just deciding what to follow, what not to follow, etc.

What do you hate making?
Mir
Hard is the worst mainly cuz I have to manage spacing more and DS becomes a sort of on-off thing rather than in Normals where it's always on or Insanes where it's always off. It's just tedious and I hate it and please don't make me map Hards.
timemon
I hate Easy so much I never map it :)
Hard comes in second, I don't like the fact that you're restricted enough to have to follow the guidelines, and you have freedom but not enough do anything super interesting.

I enjoy making Normal and Insane actually.
Voxnola
all diffs
A r M i N
Normal, mainly because I feel like its my worst diff of all and I absolutely dont enjoy mapping it.
1. I will never play Normal diffs since ye they are too easy so I dont enjoy making them either
2. I will map Easy tho since they are pretty much a no brainer, only 1/1 spacing (with some 1/2) and they are done pretty fast and easily
3. I also like mapping hard, since they are well playable with DT and fairly challenging for me

Maybe I sound like a dick when I say "I dont map Normal cause it doesnt benefit me" but I dont mean it that way :P

Cool poll, great idea
Shurelia

Mir wrote:

Hard is the worst mainly cuz I have to manage spacing more and DS becomes a sort of on-off thing rather than in Normals where it's always on or Insanes where it's always off. It's just tedious and I hate it and please don't make me map Hards.

so that's why you keep asking me to do hard diff for your sets. I've been wondering about that actually.

That aside mine is actually Normal diff because it's sometimes hard to decide what's the best rhythm for this "borderline" diff but thankfully we're allowed to do a bit of "SV" plays which actually help "a bit" for me. But still my issue with making normal diffs are the rhythm choices and the flow. I guess
KazukiP
Normal definetly lol. There’s a fine line between making it too easy and making it too hard and it’s especially worse when you make it jump between the two lol.
Trust
I've always struggled with Extra. Can't help but feel like anything I try mapping is exaggerated, excessive, or hard to read. I actually find mapping Easy, Normal, and Hard difficulties relaxing and enjoyable.
Nao Tomori
for me its basically the diffs between the top and bottom, since it always ends up either being a lame watered down version of the top diff or too dense to spread from the lowest diff.
Peter
I hate map diffs higher than hard
I have no idea how to make diff look good without distance snap
Solitaire
Hard is..... well, hard to map. I always make it a watered-down version of an insane diff that ends up being either too hard or REALLY boring. It's difficult to incorporate ideas and gimmicks because of the criteria.
xXOsuPersonXx
Diffs under 4* to me are annoying