forum

[HD/SD] [STD & CTB] MaterialStuff

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
h3oCharles

For anyone asking "how hard it is to get started skinning?", I say this is how easy it is!

Sounds are from Aesthetic by Redon, used with permission
Icons come from Material Design Icons
An attempt at Material Design has occurred in this skin. For more details, please visit The Material Design website.
Applause used is VINXIS - Applause

Massive thanks to Emersyne for letting me use his follow points. I am sick of making these >_>

Video

Screenshots
Song Selection

Mods

Standard Ranking Screen

Standard Gameplay

Standard Spinner

Catch the Beat Ranking Screen

Catch the Beat Gameplay

Catch the Beat Bananas

Skip

Section Pass/Fail
they are blank, so there's no point

Downloads

I wish I could design one day...
MaximumTilt
M A T E R I A L D E S I G N
autoteleology
This is actually pretty interesting. There's some great ideas and some stuff that is not so great. I'll probably post a detailed analysis sometime soon in the future
NewTPlayer
Amazing but please add more followpoint extras
Topic Starter
h3oCharles

NewTPlayer wrote:

Amazing but please add more followpoint extras
CTRL+O -> Skin -> Open current skin folder
There's a subfolder in the skin, have fun ;)
NewTPlayer
sorry i meant that the line follow point wasnt that good
Topic Starter
h3oCharles

NewTPlayer wrote:

sorry i meant that the line follow point wasnt that good

I couldn't figure out how I would make the line follow points. I guess I'll look at these at a later date
my name is hi
If you take your current line followpoint, make the top and bottom slightly blurred (like, 1 or 2 pixels) and make both sides fade out on the sides, it should make for a pretty good followpoint.
exanple:
autoteleology

Boaring wrote:

If you take your current line followpoint, make the top and bottom slightly blurred (like, 1 or 2 pixels) and make both sides fade out on the sides, it should make for a pretty good followpoint.
exanple:
As an aside, be careful with blur. Surprisingly, too much blur can make aliasing worse. A little dab'll do ya.
Topic Starter
h3oCharles
Hi. I'm h3oCharles. Thank you, for using my skin.

Due to school, lazyness, procastination (basically my mentality just messed up) and an upcoming skin of mine (wink wink) despite of me making an update for each of my currently public skins, it will take me a while to finish them. And so, I hope I'll be able to finish these updates until 2017

For now, you can see my Progress list here

see ya next time!
saffybop
Hey, love this skin. I really miss the combo counter though! I've tried poking around on my own, but no luck. Can't find one in the extras folder either. Does the skin just not have one? I could try adding something from another skin, but that wouldn't look too good you know, hehe. :?
Topic Starter
h3oCharles
UPDATE TIME!

Please check the OP post for an updated download and screenshots
oygurd
hey, really liked the skin but copuld you make it also wiith colors? its a bit confusing at fast songs
Topic Starter
h3oCharles

oygurd wrote:

hey, really liked the skin but copuld you make it also wiith colors? its a bit confusing at fast songs
I've given the resources to color hit circles for yourself in Extras -> Hit Circle

There are two website shortcuts:
one of them is the Material Design Color Palette
the second one is a color picker

find the color you want to use and place its hex color code to the color picker to the spot above the color field. Once done, go to skin.ini and find [Colours]. Below it, there's Combo1. Since osu! doesn't allow hex color codes, we need to have a rgb color code, something that we got on the color picker, R, G and B values. Replace the Combo1: 255,255,255 to Combo1: R, G, B - where R is red, G is green and B is blue. You can have up to 8 combo colors

for hc contents, I got both black and white numbers and dots, as well as blank
oh, and I don't have plans to make instant hcs colored
Topic Starter
h3oCharles
oh hi, I have now a video showcase!
pynnn
Reha
i really like this skin