forum

did osu give me trigger finger?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ffs cats
Ok theres a medical condition called trigger finger, basically if i squeeze my fingers tight, they can get locked into place. It used to not really affect me because on the rare occasion that i made a tight fist, i would relax my muscles before anything happened, but 10 minutes ago my finger actually got stuck for the first time and it was one of the most terrifying experiences in my life (i have a boring life okay?). If you are still confused, just google trigger finger wikipedia, but is it possible that osu has caused this? If it has, then I should obviously take a break, but I'd prefer not to if it is unrelated.

This only happens in my left (tapping) hand, by the way. I play mouse and use a membrane laptop keyboard.

WebMD link: https://www.webmd.com/rheumatoid-arthri ... r-finger#1

Thanks for reading and trying to help.

EDIT: I don't really remember if this happened to me before I started playing osu, that's why I'm asking in the first place.
burakku
Osu can't give you trigger finger, it's you the one who overworks his/her fingers.
Playing a little bit above your ability is alright but if you play too higher than your ability then you will get hand problems.
Lyawi
I would say osu! can. By doing the same move all the time it can trigger that, I had that once too and I know how horrible that can feel. Most people who get this are people who are working in front of the computer because of tapping on the keyboard. In my case I woke up in the morning, 3 fingers were kinked and I wasn't able to move them for a while. I had to wait and moving them a bit helped but I needed to do it really slowly, it was hard to get ready for school or going on the toilet with that ... Since I had this it still feels really weird in my fingers, I wouldn't say it's all gone.

All you can do is taking a break from playing osu! for now and see a doctor. If it doesn't go away from itself you need medicine for that.
Velura
I suggest to stay away from self-diagnosing any kind of injury or whatever.
If you feel like you have a problem or w/e go and consult a doctor :o
JAKACHAN
As others have said never self-diagnose.

With that said it is a possibility that trigger finger could result from this game. The other possibility is a simple muscle spasm. Take a break and see if it persists and if it does go to a doctor for further evaluation.