forum

[Archived] So why does this map pops up so often on bugged map

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kondou-Shinichi
Trosk-
...What?

Would be nice if you could explain the problem better.
Venix
I think I can explain it, sometimes maps are getting bugged updates (not happen for everyone) and almost always map is getting miniature of this map, it can be problem with osu!.db, but deleting this file doesn't work for everyone. Also, not everyone who gets this problem has this map on osu!

And yeah, after this update map is getting blank.

Also, linked map is bugged too (it has infinite update)
Topic Starter
Kondou-Shinichi
Not sure how to explain, since I don’t know how did this even happened in the first place
it goes like this:
you saw a map with a update button, and then after updating the whole map will be cleared, and the beatmap discussion page and the thumbnai correspond to the map i mentioned
Lyawi
Oh yes, that was the problem I mentioned in the server @Trosk

Lyawi - Yesterday at 11:11 PM
something is reeeeally wrong with https://osu.ppy.sh/s/93655 that map

Stefan - Yesterday at 11:13 PM
Why

Lyawi - Yesterday at 11:14 PM
22:48 Bandi: Okay what is this bug with my map. I redownloaded it and it says it still needs to be updated. When I update it, it sets it to 0 stars and the contents are deleted.
22:49 Amidakuji: can you /np the map please?
22:54 *Bandi is editing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1444139 HEARTS x Connor Cox - Rapture [Rapture]]

when you download the mentioned beatmap and go into the editor once you need to update it even you didn't save it
when you updated it doesn't link to Bandi's map anymore, it links to the map above
now read the beatmap's thread of the first, seems like there were multiple problems

Stefan - Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Not the first beatmap with that issue
Might get fixed when new forum is forced.

Lyawi - Yesterday at 11:23 PM
Idk it just doesn't make any sense
I told him to contact a QAT for now
Stefan
QATs neither can do something here iirc, this goes deeper and is a job for devs.
Lyawi

Stefan wrote:

QATs neither can do something here iirc, this goes deeper and is a job for devs.
I meant in this case Bandi can contact a QAT member to request deleting his map instead of waiting 4 weeks so that he can upload it again.

By the way: [Archived] Empty beatmaps after updating (last comment 4 days ago)