forum

[Archived] I get -Ranks for new top plays?!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
InfiniteFox
Problem Details:
So, I'm 44,8K now (October 21st, 2017) and recently I got some new top plays.

I did a 160+ PP play and got 700 ranks for it, after that I got a new top play (183PP) and only got 300 ranks for it??

about 10 minutes ago I did this play (http://prntscr.com/h08a1j 187 PP Zen Zense) which again - is a new top play.. And I got -20 Ranks for it. I seriously don't understand why I got -Ranks for it and why I only got 300 ranks for the other play.

Can someone please explain this...

osu! version: 20170731.2 (latest)
Death
People pass you over time. There are a lot of people that have the same amount of pp as you and are around your rank. As your rank increases, the gaps in performance points in rankings also increases, and you will start to lose ranks at a slower rate.
Topic Starter
InfiniteFox

Death wrote:

People pass you over time. There are a lot of people that have the same amount of pp as you and are around your rank. As your rank increases, the gaps in performance points in rankings also increases, and you will start to lose ranks at a slower rate.
I know that, I'm not new to osu. But that still doesn't explain why I get -20 ranks for a play like that.

BTW I just checked and the people that are around my rank have 175 - 185PP plays so that still doesn't explain anything
Death
If your score was improved from a previous score you will not gain the full amount of pp for that play. If that is the case it is possible the amount of pp you gained was not enough to offset the loss.

If that's not the case, try submitting another score, perhaps it just didn't update correctly.
Topic Starter
InfiniteFox
Yea alright I'm just gonna pop out with another 190 PP play.