forum

Jumping problem!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI
So I have this problem on jumps..

IDK if I'm the only one experiencing this but..

everytime I do a long time jump, I keep misstapping to the beat.

To put it in a way I keep losing my rhythm but my jumping speeds are really fast, I just can't focus to the beat because of the jumps.
Kondou-Shinichi
that means you should play more
7ambda
Keep working on developing a sense of rhythm then. It gradually becomes second nature as you keep reinforcing a certain practice.
KupcaH

Kondou-Shinichi wrote:

This guy knows
N0thingSpecial
Less pointless posting more playing
Mio Winter

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Less pointless posting more playing
I endorse pointless posting. But regardless, this post wasn't pointless! It's rational to ask whether experienced players have found any quick-fix solutions to this problem, even if you only expect there to be a low probability that they have. Unfortunately, there seems to be very few widely known quick-fix solutions in osu!, and skill mostly just comes down to utilising the Play More(tm) strategy.
Velura

szkiller wrote:

So I have this problem on jumps..
Welcome to the club of "I have a problem with jumps", take a seat, enjoy your stay, many people are waiting to have that problem solved as well :P

szkiller wrote:

IDK if I'm the only one experiencing this but..
As with any and all "am I the only one [insert rest of question here]" - No, you are not the only one (see above)

szkiller wrote:

everytime I do a long time jump, I keep misstapping to the beat.
I just can't focus to the beat because of the jumps.

Kondou-Shinichi wrote:

The be-all and end-all solution to all - or at least most - of your osu! related problems. You are simply not adept enough yet to do it, with deliberate practice, time and effort invested this problem will most likely fix itself in due time.
Celine
Good lord how can people be so lazy to figure out how to CLICK CIRCLES BETTER

simply develop muscle memory its not rocket science this game have no strategic aspect whatsoever ffs
N0thingSpecial

Mio Winter wrote:

I endorse pointless posting. But regardless, this post wasn't pointless! It's rational to ask whether experienced players have found any quick-fix solutions to this problem, even if you only expect there to be a low probability that they have. Unfortunately, there seems to be very few widely known quick-fix solutions in osu!, and skill mostly just comes down to utilising the Play More(tm) strategy.
Intentions drive actions, pointless effortless post warrants pointless effortless response, he got what he wanted.

If he really want to improve he would've ask the right question, and just fukin maybe, figure it out himself using the power of trial and error, and research
NestLover
Dont play long jump yet... its too hard for you right now.
To getting good at jump you must take step by step..
First play easy jump till you can do it consistently.
And play more a little bit harder map.. and do exactly same like before..

Hope this post can help you.. :)
Mio Winter

NestLover wrote:

But I don't see why this should be true. : o

When you practice hitting circles, your brain sends a set of instructions to your hand based on where it sees the circle on the screen. Then if those instructions lead you to hit the circle, the instructions will be "reinforced" in the brain, so your brain is more likely to send those instructions again the next time a similar situation appears. But if those instructions lead you to miss the circle, those instructions will be "punished" in the brain, so your brain is less likely to use them the next time.

Learning is a combination of negative and positive reinforcement of instructions from the brain. If you play maps where you only miss 0.1 % of the circles, you're almost never getting negative reinforcement, and thus you're cutting out half of the learning process. I'm not sure if this makes learning aim less efficient, but it seems somewhat likely. So when I practice aim, I often play maps where I hit maybe 70 % of the time, and sometimes maps where I hit almost as few as 50 % of the circles.
Fxjlk
Aim effects rhythm sense and rhythm sense effects aim.

They have to work together closely which is why they effect each other.

e.g hitting a note slightly late cause of bad rhythm sense increases the strain on your aim hand since you have to travel the same distance in less time.
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI

NestLover wrote:

Well I can do a long jump across the screen, but my only problem is, the fast jumps, I can't read the approach circles ;-;
Ideal
go faster
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI

Idealism wrote:

go faster

Well I can jump really fast but after a few seconds of continuous jumping, I start to lose it and my reading ar gets worse.

For short I get worse when I do marathon jumping