forum

[Archived] Osu fps drops/lags?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
0penYourEyes
Hello! I've been experiencing some problems with osu recently. After one of the updates my game just goes crazy while playing sometimes and my frame rate goes to like 5 for 0.5-1 second (which usually happens while playing, so instant combo break), my pc is pretty new and it's happening on other devices too (Mac and second laptop has the same problems). Is there a way to fix it? Perhaps it's something with settings?
Here's my best pc specs, because I don't want to see replies like "Maybe ur pc's too old, lol":
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v5 @ 3.40 GHz
Installed RAM memory: 16.0GB
Graphic card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960
System type and version: Windows 8.1 Pro, 64-bit Operating System
osu! version: 20170731.2 (latest)

Usually I have 240fps lock on this PC and I have no problems with other games (F4, The Witcher 3 run on 60fps on highest settings, for instance), so what's the issue with osu? :|
fiwon123
Hello! Try to mark or take the mark in the Renderer(options), and verify if improved or not.
If not improve, try to same thing in the Layout(options).
I had the same problem and I did it and it's fixed. :)
Topic Starter
0penYourEyes

fiwon123 wrote:

Hello! Try to mark or take the mark in the Renderer(options), and verify if improved or not.

If not improve, try to same thing in the Layout(options).

I had the same problem and I did it and it's fixed. :)
I looked it up before I posted this thread, to don't end up looking like an idiot. Didn't work in my case, tried again after you mentioned it, still nothing. :cry:
iMrGiljoaXx
I have the same problem (My English isn't native, excuse me for writting so badly or something). Some days ago, I fixed that problem deleting xbox data but today I still have fps drops.
The drops can be fixed with VSync on Osu! in my case, but the cursor gets lag and it's horrible to play on this way. I will keep trying :(