forum

The 5 months of osu! (help wiht chosing a tablet?)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TIDSU
Well after 5 months of osu! I must say the 5 moths were not wasted. Made new Friends and spent some time with them. I got into osu! by a discord partner called AlexFlipnote. He was talking abaut osu! with others and I asked what is osu!, He replied "1 sec come watch my broadcast" after the 2 min I fell in love with this game. But the problem was I was on vacation in Norway (funny enough Alex is from Norway) and Well I got registered as from Norway but it was minor and not important so I started playing, playing and playing and after a few days my cousin joined aswell. So after a few months I learned you can use keys to click cercles and well It was like a hole new game for me and so on. At around 100pp I started playing with some other friends (Mafferozo,Overkillez (at the time and now we call him shades since he started streaming a lot of osu and etc)Buybread and more ) and we were having a blast using discord to talk and joke around it was and still is fun. So at around 400pp I started to use skins and was 2nd top of my friends since overkillez had 800pp. Now after that nothing new happened for a while I was still playing 2* maps and couldn't even read 3* But one fate full day I decided to play multiplayer and met a guy named Wixi (I cant remember the full name but he is from germany) he was a host or server of a 2*-3* host rotation server and I had a blast. Before leaving he said tomorrow il be playing on 4* and above at first I was scared to go in knowing il just lose but I did go and I did lose, after a few days of losing I started to read 4* maps kinda and then it happened. The day where I finished a 4* map. It was a fairly easy and short map but it was an achievement and i was happy. Now fast forward a few months since those were the moths of despair and learning the 4* and now we are at 900pp well this time was around 3-4 weeks ago and i was started to get old of the skin i was using (-YUGEN-) so i decided to change but.... i didn't like the new one aswell so i decided to "Paste" a skin of my own design so i mixed around 4 skins and it worked out i liked it and still do (i did change something to day) and then it happened. I started reading kinda 5* maps and decided Well screw it and started cleaning maps that i had and well i got to 1kpp and started to see that its ALOT harder to get pp after i got 1000. But i was happy to see all the replays after finishing them. now i have 1100+pp and after looking back and replaying the maps i strugeled before i realised how much i improved and became addicted to this game so i decided to tell you this story of mine since well 5months is not a lot but I'm here to stay and maybe become a supporter (depending if my bank will allow me to). I Also wanted to ask some of you. Since i ive in Belgium and its hard to find any advice abaut tablets and that i will be going to London soon for a weekend i would like to know if you could recommend a good tablet for osu! ? Eather way thank you for reading this.
Asteeh
If you are on the budget then there are a few options, gaomon s56k, huion 420 or xp-pen g430. They all are fairly cheap online. I myself have a g430 and have tried huion 420. Imo g430 is better, mostly because it has a battery less pen(that makes it very light) and the build quality is a bit better. I encourage you to do your own research tho. Look on YouTube.
Yurumo

Asteeh wrote:

If you are on the budget then there are a few options, gaomon s56k, huion 420 or xp-pen g430. They all are fairly cheap online. I myself have a g430 and have tried huion 420. Imo g430 is better, mostly because it has a battery less pen(that makes it very light) and the build quality is a bit better. I encourage you to do your own research tho. Look on YouTube.
^I agree that the Gaomon is better.

When I tried Gaomon's S56K, there's a clear difference between it and Huion's H420 and 420 model.

The S56K is definitely the better choice here.
The Gaomon's size, flexibility, build quality and just overall feel is better the Huion's even though it uses the same pen and tablet driver as the 420 and H420.

As someone who owns the H420, I really wish I bought the Gaomon instead.

tl;dr I recommend the Gaomon S56K. Here's a great review by BeasttrollMC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqk9pZSg2f8

(And for those wondering, the H420 is the same as the 420 but with reprogrammable buttons).
Topic Starter
TIDSU
Understandable thank you a lot for the help
autoteleology
Topic Starter
TIDSU
Yes big text
Wishes
Dude learn to use paragraphs lol. Anyways I've been using the Huion h420 tablet for about 11 months and it works great for osu with no input lag that I can feel and no issues. In case you're looking for a cheap tablet I'd say it's pretty good.
Velura
Am I the only one thinking 99% of this text belongs in the Introduction forum?

Wishes wrote:

Dude learn to use paragraphs lol
^this 100%

Been using the Wacom CTH-480S, good tablet, might go as far as to recommend it if you can find one on ebay and aren't afraid to pay a little extra (I got mine for ~60€)
Topic Starter
TIDSU
Ok il learn to use paragraphs (Normaly i dont use them since well i dont usualy od long texts) and thank you for the tips
my name is hi
Buy a Logitech G102 :'D

Honestly, I heard a lot of good things about the Gaomon and the Huion. They're both relatively cheap, too.