forum

Too many shitmisses

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
albertsune
I have this problem, I have no idea where it comes from, or how to fix it. But I can't fc ANYTHING because of shitmisses. I can pass low 7*. But can't fc a 4*.
Often times I shitmiss when I don't have to move the cursor that much, but fc a cross-screen jump section the second after.
Also, the misses are greatly reduced when I put on dt. This means, that even though a map should be harder with dt, it makes it easier for me. To show an example, I played the same map (and difficulty) twice, with and without dt:

AND I GET A BETTER SCORE WITH DT. Even though it's supposed to be 1.5* harder.

Things that are NOT the reason:
  • Nervousness. Because I don't even get to the point of getting nervous before I shitmiss.
  • Low ar reading. Even though that I DO find low ar harder, I don't think that's the problem, as I've even tried to play with ez and be able to read 3-4* maps
  • Area being too small. If anything should be the case, it would be the opposite, as I nearly can't reach the corners
  • Weird grip. I had this issue when I was around 90k. I held my pen way too low and therefore had to have the smallest area you have ever seen. This caused major inconsistencies.
    Now I've changed my grip to something close to what Rafis uses, so shouldn't be a problem (total coincidence I also use his skin)
Things I've tried:
  • Changing skin. I have basically tried every possible skin type, and none helped that much. The only thing that helped was a cursor trail, and stopping to use followpoints when playing nomod.
  • Learning to read ez
  • Learning hidden
  • Playing tech maps
  • Playing maps with high cs
  • Playing low/high BPM maps
  • Playing low ar maps
Nothing helped much. I did get better, but the shitmisses stayed.

You can also see on my top plays, that the on maps that I HAVE managed to fc, the plays are all a couple months old, and almost all are under a minute long. All with dt.

I can't really think of anything more to elaborate on, although there is probably more I could write. If you have questions, just ask.
N0thingSpecial
Play long maps

You completely underestimate how inconsistent you are in terms of aim and rhythm sense, you just don't have the muscle memory for it
Skeletroll
If you shitmiss once and sightread FC everything else that is a shitmiss. If you are constantly "shitmissing" then those are just real misses and you are inconsistent. Play marathon maps.
PinkNightmares
Play easier maps.

N0thingSpecial wrote:

You completely underestimate how inconsistent you are
Atara
Play maps you can FC, but if you miss don't quit or retry. Just pass it and move on. This will train your ability to sight FC and to be able to FC with little to no muscle memory

Do this for an hour each day or two depending on how long you play osu every day.
PotatoJet
Try playing marathon maps.
Realmas

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Play long maps
And if you singletap, maybe try to fully alternate. The day I switched to full alt, I got so much more consistent, especially at aiming. Like, literally, instant difference.
kai99

Realmas wrote:

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Play long maps
And if you singletap, maybe try to fully alternate. The day I switched to full alt, I got so much more consistent, especially at aiming. Like, literally, instant difference.
this is tru but its also true you have to gve up some good things about singletap
Celine
it's not shitmiss if you miss everywhere
and yes, long maps
akitoApocalypse
It's eerie how close OP's username is to my real name.

ANYWAYS, focus on actually finishing maps. Try and completely finish a map even with a shitmiss, and go from there.
As other people say, go for long maps, UNITED is good for marathoning and helps improve if you can do 5* at least.
E m i
1. forced proportions on
2. same
3. i don't know much more
Genjuro
The fact that you perform better while playing the map with DT probably means that you have trouble reading the AR without DT. You also probably haven't played enough to develop muscle memory in order to consistently hold combo.

Find prefered tablet area, grip and general settings. Practice with that but don't limit yourself, if you see that you could make a change to improve your play then feel free to do it. If you have trouble with jumps, play jump maps. If you feel like nothing limits your hand and you can can aim anywhere on the playfield comfortably, yet still miss alot, then you simply have to play long maps, any maps in general actually. just play the game lol.
My Angel Jeremy
consistant shitmiss is not shitmiss
Mio Winter
I'm going to be unusual and say that maybe playing low-star marathon maps is inefficient if you want to learn to consistently aim small jumps. Not saying it won't work, I'm just saying that I don't see why that should be better than playing high-star maps, marathon or not. (I could be wrong.) Depends on the reason for your sillymisses.

Figure out the reason for your sillymisses by paying attention to when they happen. What this means practically is that when you notice that you have shitmissed, immediately consult your memory for how your hand felt, what you were focusing on, where your eyes were, and anything that could plausibly be the reason. You could even stop playing at that point (or pause, bind your pause key to something close to your tapping keys, so you can pause quickly) in order to analyse the miss closer.

Many of my own sillymisses come from "blind spots" in my aim. I can hit many 6* jump patterns with consistency, but there are still specific movements that my aim hand is especially bad at, and if a jump requires me to do that specific movement, it doesn't matter whether it is a 7* or a 5* jump, I will miss. This is what I mean by "blind spots".

For example, I use the mouse, and I'm really bad at spinning clockwise. So that means I'm worse at doing triangles, square and stars clockwise than I am at doing them counterclockwise. I also find it much easier to move my mouse from top-right to lower-left (or vice versa) of my screen than top-left to lower-right. That means jumps using that motion will be harder. I also think many players find it easier to jump on the right-left axis than on the up-down axis, so maybe that's a blind spot you have and most of your shitmisses are simply due to having to move on the up-down axis?

A good way to file down your blind spots is to play maps with patterns that requires you to overcome those blind spots (obviously). Square jump maps are good practice for me, especially ones with counterclockwise squares, because they attack my blind spots. Maybe you need something similar?

Cookiezi: Aim, memorize how to hit it for each different pattern, triangles, squares, anything. If you can't easy things it' impossible to
hit hard ones and even if you did, it's just luck. For any map, it's bound to have similar patterns so if you can easily hit many different patterns, you can do that constantly.
(sic!)
Mio Winter

Realmas wrote:

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Play long maps
I thought conventional wisdom was that singletapping makes aim easier (but that alternting makes high-bpm easier). : o Would like to hear what people think is the conventional wisdom on this.
N0thingSpecial

Mio Winter wrote:

I thought conventional wisdom was that singletapping makes aim easier (but that alternting makes high-bpm easier). : o Would like to hear what people think is the conventional wisdom on this.
I think the conventional wisdom is to do what's comfortable for you.

Personally my stamina is disgustingly horrible, hence I learn both alternate and single tap, after going back and forth in both style I think I can conclude that people who says single tap makes aim better is kinda misleading, it's just that people ddidnt train enough to gain the "mental capacity" (not an insult it's just what it is) to handle the finger control and aim at the same time, which lead them to think single tap is better.