forum

Blue highlight

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Artymis
I've been wondering, what are these blue highlights, what do they do? How do you apply them into maps?

Endaris
The picture is kind of small, I'm afraid I can't see what you're addressing specifically.
Cheri
I think I know (not sure)

The blue line you probably wondering about is a bookmark - It is basically useful as a reminder or can be use in stuff like collabs to know who mapping what, how much is you mapping,etc.
That is all that is to it (I don't use them much so don't quote what I said above).

it is at the lower timeline and if you hover your cursor - you will see a +, - , etc
to add 1, just press the + sign (or ctrl+b) to where you want to have it at.

I hope I help :)
Topic Starter
Artymis

Endaris wrote:

The picture is kind of small, I'm afraid I can't see what you're addressing specifically.
Sorry, let me zoom it in more.

Topic Starter
Artymis

DJ Lucky wrote:

The blue line you probably wondering about is a bookmark - It is basically useful as a reminder or can be use in stuff like collabs to know who mapping what, how much is you mapping,etc.
That is all that is to it (I don't use them much so don't quote what I said above).

it is at the lower timeline and if you hover your cursor - you will see a +, - , etc

Sorry, but I wasn't referring to the bookmark, I was referring to the blue highlighted section in the time line. Anyway, thanks.
Endaris
Oh, that looks fancy.
I think I haven't seen anything like that before.
I suspect this could be a non-gameplay section that is not part of the break.
You can set the break time manually through editing the .osu-file (which is on some maps a somewhat neat effect to keep up tension because the health bar won't fade out before the actual break starts).
I'm not sure about this though and I cannot confirm this right now as I have no osu! installation on the machine I'm currently using. Will recheck this tomorrow ;)
Cheri

Artymis wrote:

DJ Lucky wrote:

Sorry, but I wasn't referring to the bookmark, I was referring to the blue highlighted section in the time line. Anyway, thanks.
Ooooh that - ya basically what he said above
- you can move the blue highlight at the top time line in the editor by left clicking close to where it says break
- you can also do that at the end of the break as well :)
Topic Starter
Artymis

DJ Lucky wrote:

Ooooh that - ya basically what he said above
- you can move the blue highlight at the top time line in the editor by left clicking close to where it says break
- you can also do that at the end of the break as well :)
Thank you very much!
KazukiP
To clarify, just a small break that (I’m pretty sure…) also fades the screen a little.