forum

Worthwhile Anime Classics

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Green Platinum
I've been wanting to make a thread like this for a while now however I've had my doubts regarding general interest in older influential series' as a whole.

There are hundreds of fantastic shows that often get ignored nowadays due to the constant influx of new anime often banishing the older ones to infinte 'plan to watch' purgatory or into the realm of obscurity but maybe with some motivation people will explore anime titles outside there comfort zone or at least the shows "I need to get around to someday" but never actually do.

I was planning on having this thread operate as a sort of Anime 'book' club where every couple of weeks where the series to discuss changes. Whether people want to leave just impressions or review the entire series in question is fine, all that matters is if there is some interest because I am not going to commit to writing reviews if I am the only person at all interested in older anime.
Meah
D.N Angel - Not really forgotten/ignored but I think a lot of people doesn't know this one. Story is really good, it started really good, stealing stuffs but as the anime progress it slowly turned into a romance one with less cool scenes. Action scenes are good too. Anime perfect for romance genre loves and Magic Kaito fans.
Topic Starter
Green Platinum

Meah wrote:

D.N Angel - Not really forgotten/ignored but I think a lot of people doesn't know this one. Story is really good, it started really good, stealing stuffs but as the anime progress it slowly turned into a romance one with less cool scenes. Action scenes are good too. Anime perfect for romance genre loves and Magic Kaito fans.
Suggestions for the thread are cool and all but I don't what this to become one where people are just yelling titles into the void. I want this thread to become a hub for discussion of old titles and that needs engagement not a bunch of people saying "THIS IS AN OLD ANIME I LIKE" and never returning again.

I am just gauging interest for the moment. No point in suggestions if this idea is just dead on arrival. PM suggestions if you want to but at this time expressions of interest is all I'm after for now

To further clarify my intent for this thread was to have every person try the same anime every few weeks like a book club all reading the same book to discuss it together.
Softwarm
Expression of interest.