forum

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
hoku70
Death

hoku70 wrote:

osu! version: b20160403.6 (Stable Fallback), Compatibility mode enabled
Is there a reason you are on fallback? Your computer should not need to use this, it should be on Latest or higher with compatibility mode disabled, unless you have a super old graphics card.

osu! should not cause a BSoD, try scanning your computer for viruses.

Also, hold shift while starting osu! to open the repair dialog, and hit "repair osu!"

Uninstall your current drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller, then reinstall the drivers from one of these sites:
  1. NVIDIA (choose the second one on the list)
  2. AMD (choose the second one on the list)
  3. Intel
Topic Starter
hoku70
Death

hoku70 wrote:

No particular reason why I'm on fallback. I just messed with some stuff in hopes of fixing the problem. Does fallback affect anything negatively?
If your computer can run osu! on latest or higher you should be using it. Fallback is very outdated and should rarely ever be used. Although unlikely, Fallback could be causing this issue even.

hoku70 wrote:

Death wrote:

Uninstall your current drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller, then reinstall the drivers from one of these sites:
  1. NVIDIA (choose the second one on the list)
  2. AMD (choose the second one on the list)
  3. Intel
Sorry, I don't see a list in the NVIDIA website. Can you clarify for me? :?
To make sure, do you refer to "Radeon™ RX Vega Series Windows 7 (64-bit)" when you refer to the second one on AMD's list?

Thanks a lot by the way! But wouldn't the tablet problem still persist even if I manage to fix those drivers?
Pick one of the websites on the list depending on what graphics card you have. If you have an NVIDIA card, select your product type, series, and operating system at the top of the page, hit search, and a list will pop up.

If you have an AMD card, manually select your card once again on the right hand side of the website, and hit display results. Some cards will have more than one option, select the second most recent driver version if it does. If not, just go with the most recent.

hoku70 wrote:

Thanks a lot by the way! But wouldn't the tablet problem still persist even if I manage to fix those drivers?
Perhaps, let's try getting rid of the seemingly more important issue first.

I would definitely still try running on a scan on your computer if you have not already.
Flanster
The image you are showing for ig4icd32 is part of Intel's OpenGL driver for integrated graphics.
I've analyzed a few of the dump files and they have different headers and no definitive point to a fault origin from what I could tell. Occasionally I received errors for IDSvia64.sys which is related to Symantec's Norton products. Saw the one with Wacom's driver aswell. I suggest you update your Intel graphics driver, Wacom driver, optionally remove Norton programs and then run System File Check from Command Prompt (type "sfc /scannow" and hit Enter) which should take a bit of time but it will repair all corruptions in system files. In worse case scenario, a full OS reinstall could be needed.
Topic Starter
hoku70
Flanster
All three dumps show random crashes - Network drivers, Sound related processes and Google Chrome. This usually happens if the system is unstable, is experiencing way too high temperatures or simply a hardware fault causing the system to halt abruptly.

Only thing I can suggest is cleaning your machine from any dust, and monitor its temperatures with programs such as HWMonitor.