forum

Dragging with no pen nib

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[YumYum]
So I've had my tablet for a while now and I've currently run out of pen nibs (I push down really hard lol), my last one is far past gone (it currently squeaks against my tablet). As a temporary solution (at least until I get some more), I've taken out my pen nib and now I just use my pen with no nib while dragging. Do you guys have any insight on whether this is really bad for my tablet or pen?
kai99
i tried it and im p sure u can drag away the tablet pen too. i drag like there's no tomorrow but when i ran out of nibs i just kinda cut out a toothpick to the size and used it temporarily. pen nibs are fucking expensive. i got 5 for 15$.
Yurumo

kai99 wrote:

i tried it and im p sure u can drag away the tablet pen too. i drag like there's no tomorrow but when i ran out of nibs i just kinda cut out a toothpick to the size and used it temporarily. pen nibs are fucking expensive. i got 5 for 15$.
What tablet do you have?! I got 30 nibs for like, 15 bucks.

Also, dragging without the nib can damage the surface of your tablet and the tip of your pen, so I wouldn't recommend doing so.
kai99

Pawnables wrote:

kai99 wrote:

What tablet do you have?! I got 30 nibs for like, 15 bucks.

Also, dragging without the nib can damage the surface of your tablet and the tip of your pen, so I wouldn't recommend doing so.
wacom cth470.. :(
Yurumo

kai99 wrote:

wacom cth470.. :(
https://www.amazon.com/Graphic-Drawing- ... 074261RTL/
and
https://www.amazon.com/Graphic-Drawing- ... 07423TRLV/

"Compatible for but not limited to CTL460, CTL470, CTL480, CTL660, CTL671, CTL680, CTH460, CTH461, CTH661, CTL471, CTH470, CTH670, CTH680…"
Endaris
I tried this for like an hour or two but I had the impression that this would damage pen and surface much more quickly. It also feels a bit awkward, because you're not aiming with a proper tip but with some weird oval stuff instead. It is also a bit annoying that you have to put the pen to the side because clicking stuff becomes more tedious.
SlowLogicBoy
Don't do it!!!

I haven't tried this directly, but I didn't notice that my nib was so worn down, I dragged with my pen instead of a nib, and now my pen is deformed, I basically sanded its one side. I will post a picture if I don't forget.

Maybe this will help:

I wouldn't use something like this directly on a tablet, but if you have some kind of wrap, this should work.
roblox
I drag but when I come over some point of my tablet it makes a squeacking noise

*it's making my skin crawl*
Xirai
with the cth 470 you can play with the rubber on the backside.... wouldn't recommend to damage the front to be honest...
But I dunno how much the rubber will damage the tablet.... I hover with the backside sometimes, when I put my pen back into my hand and have it turned because I am dumb....
Deva
Stop dragging?