forum

[Archived] Settings Keep Resetting

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Drudeger
Problem Details:
This has been happening for a while now. Every time I open osu! after resetting my computer, I find that all of my settings have been reset. I've already tried repairing folder permissions, several times now. The first time it worked, but only for a while. Now it even happens the day after I repair folder permissions. This has become extremely agitating and I would love a permanent solution, which I have not yet found anywhere.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170731.2 (latest)
Death
Close osu!, move osu!.pcname.config out of the installation folder, then reopen osu! and set your settings one more time.
Topic Starter
Drudeger

Death wrote:

Close osu!, move osu!.pcname.config out of the installation folder, then reopen osu! and set your settings one more time.
I apologize for the very late response, but I just wanted to see whether or not it worked after a while. It saddens me to have to say that, after a few weeks, this solution still only seems to be temporary. Thanks for the help one way or the other, but I'm still hoping there is a permanent solution.
Death
Go to the osu!.pcname.config file, right click on it, hit properties, and set it to read-only. Also, open your options and at the bottom there is a button called "Repair Folder Permissions", might as well give that a press.

You can also try repairing osu! by holding shift while starting the game and clicking "repair osu!"
Topic Starter
Drudeger

Death wrote:

Go to the osu!.pcname.config file, right click on it, hit properties, and set it to read-only.

You can also try repairing osu! by holding shift while starting the game and clicking "repair osu!"
Thank you! I'll try this and see if it works! If you never hear form me again, you'll know that it worked!
Death
Please post here if it does work so this thread can be marked as resolved.
Jetzrav
So did it worked?
Death

Jetzrav wrote:

So did it worked?

Drudeger wrote:

If you never hear form me again, you'll know that it worked!
We never heard from him again, so yeah, it probably worked.
ar1d

Death wrote:

Jetzrav wrote:

So did it worked?

Drudeger wrote:

Ill give it a try and let you know as im having the same problem
Blue Bear

ar1d wrote:

Death wrote:

Jetzrav wrote:

So did it worked?

Drudeger wrote:

Ill give it a try and let you know as im having the same problem
bruh