forum

[Archived] Downloading Beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
rnoles4444
Problem Details: Hello, I have a concern about one of the downloading sites osu uses to let people download beatmaps. I seriously recommend removing mediafire because mediafire keeps trying to redirect people to viruses. Why hasn't osu changed to a safer downloading site yet??

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170731.2 (latest)
Sandy Hoey
osu! does not partner with any other sites to allow players to download beatmaps. That being said, there are people who take the initiative of creating their own sites (i.e. bloodcat) They are not the officially affiliated with osu!, so there is nothing the staff can do about their download methods. I would suggest that if you are concerned, just use the official beatmap website
Death
I think he is talking about the beatmap pack downloads.
Topic Starter
rnoles4444

Sandy Hoey wrote:

osu! does not partner with any other sites to allow players to download beatmaps. That being said, there are people who take the initiative of creating their own sites (i.e. bloodcat) They are not the officially affiliated with osu!, so there is nothing the staff can do about their download methods. I would suggest that if you are concerned, just use the official beatmap website
MOST attempts to download from the official beatmap website is usually a fail which is why I mainly use mediafire.