forum

Azaleas and azures

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Naimae
Azalea reminds me of the color blue more than it does pink. Kind of like the color of azures, but with the beauty of chrysanthemums. So really, I guess I mean that the word "azalea" reminds me more of blue and purple chrysanthemums more than it reminds me of actual azaleas. Just something about the word azalea feels blue-purple. Indigo, maybe, is the color I'm looking for.

Chrysanthemums might be a bit too thick, though. Things that look fluffy and are fluffy are nice, but I think flowers should look more airy than they do fluffy. Such a flower probably doesn't exist in our world.

But when I woke up this morning, I found myself in a field full of the flowers from my imagination. Almost like a dream, it was like I was living a scene from a romance story. I might've called it a dream, a peaceful, therapeutic memory, were it not for the field that lay burning not too far away.
Jun Maeda
XDDDDDDDDDDD
Topic Starter
Naimae
That was the first thing I noticed about the field. The next things I noticed were the bodies. Bodies on a field, with fire all around. You could hardly called it a field anymore - all that remained was just earth. I could only thank the Lady that the breeze didn't carry the stench this way.

The flowers smelled nice. It was the only thing that reminded me of my distant home, a home that was a whole world away now. Looking back, I probably should have panicked a lot more than I did when I saw those bodies on that field. But the bodies were still, like the hills under the flowers. The fires waved back and forth with the wind, like the flowers on the hills.
Meah
AZALEA is a sub-unit under Aqours. The group consists of three members, namely Matsuura Kanan, Kurosawa Dia, and Kunikida Hanamaru.

The group was formed in phases:
On December 2015, six different configurations were offered to be chosen from.
On January 2016, the unit compositions were revealed, and people were asked to submit names for them.
On March 2016, the choices for unit names were revealed.
On April 2016, the chosen unit names were revealed. AZALEA's name was taken from the prefecture flower of Shizuoka, the Azalea. In Flower Language, Azalea means "patient" or "modest," which reflects the image of the unit.

Their group introduction goes:「恋の喜び咲かせます、AZALEAです。」 ("Koi no yorokobi sakasemasu, AZALEA desu"), which translates to "Blooming with the joy of love, we are AZALEA".

Songs

AZALEA's first single is "Torikoriko PLEASE!!".

Tracks:

Torikoriko PLEASE!!
Tokimeki Bunruigaku

Release Date: May 25, 2016

"LONELY TUNING" is a bonus CD by AZALEA for purchasing the entire set of Season 1 Blu-ray Volumes from Sofmap.

Tracks:

LONELY TUNING

Release Date: March 24, 2017

AZALEA's second single is "GALAXY HidE and SeeK".

Tracks:

GALAXY HidE and SeeK
INNOCENT BIRD
Release Date: May 31, 2017

Trivia
Other polls also determined the names of the sub-units: CYaRon!, AZALEA, and Guilty Kiss.
Due to the image presented by the members, many of the name submissions had meanings emphasizing elegance, gentleness, and the traditional image the members have. Other highlighted submissions are "Pione," and "KANARIA."
AZALEA can be compared to either μ’s' BiBi or lily white. But is more comparable to the latter case.
AZALEA is composed of 2 3rd years and 1 1st year like BiBi.
AZALEA gives a pure feeling and has a member of each attribute like lily white.
Topic Starter
Naimae
A great shadow cast itself over the field of flowers I had been daydreaming in. I thought it a storm and got up to head home, wherever that was, but it was just an airship. Just an airship.

Just an airship.

Airships didn't exist in my world, yet I didn't think it strange at all how a titanic weapon of steel was sailing through the sky. Had it not been for the rumbling and the shadow it cast, I would have thought it a bird, far off in the sky, carrying with it the dreams of freedom from our grounded state. It was a majestic in that manner.

And yet, it was ugly. The very look of it wanted to make me vomit. Cannons and barrels of all kinds, the distinct signature of crude industrial manufacturing twisted with the twisted minds of men was unmistakably branded onto each piece that made up the abomination in the sky.
Jun Maeda
We need to talk
Topic Starter
Naimae
A man came down from the bird that seemed to want to scream, despite having no mouth. A man in a uniform that let everyone else know that this man had accepted that he would have to commit great sins to preserve his nation. A man with a face that knew no doubts in what could drive men to be so cruel to each other, a face that had seen it all.

"And where do you hail from, miss?"

"I'm not quite sure myself."

He offered me a hand with a smile, a smile that still knew innocence. It was a heartwarming smile, as if someone completely different had taken the place of the man before me while I had been blinking.

Together, we ascended back up to the miserable bird. I took a few of the flowers with me.
levesterz
Pick me up daddy
Jun Maeda
Boii
Topic Starter
Naimae
Bread and pork for the miss, they said.

Though they staff hadn't been expecting any guests, they did the best they could. I was shown to a table where they laid out a great white canvas and, one by one, someone would come and add a drop of color to painting. I could hardly contain my hunger by the time the painting was finished and I delightfully started filling myself.

Honestly, it wasn't food of luxury. These were soldiers, after all. It was just ordinary food made to seem fancy so that maybe I would appreciate it more. But it's the thought that matters, really.

I ate in silence, with only the clattering of silverware on ceramics to break the silence. It was a feast fit for a king, but there was no way I could eat as much as one.
Tae
me too thanks
Topic Starter
Naimae
The man from earlier joined me once it was clear that I was on my last legs.

"Where are we headed?"

"To The Wall."

"The wall?"

"No, The Wall."

"Yes, the Wall."

"No, The Wall."

"Oh. What is The Wall?"

"The last barrier before the beginning of the new age."

"How long until we arrive?"

"It will be a few hours. We travel quickly by air."

"Much faster than by foot."

"Indeed."
kai99
cit marry me
Topic Starter
Naimae
We saw The Wall before we saw the rest of the flock, and we ended up joining the other twisted birds in the sky. This wasn't the only bird torn from its innoncence, it seems.

The Wall wasn't a wall as much as it was just a pile. It seemed like a dying beast, trying to hold itself together while a horde of crows tore at its flesh, little by little. A crudely built last hope against whatever dared to challenge it. It fought back with every ounce of its strength. The Wall shot out lights that tore the sky apart. One of those lights would take a bird down with it, every now and then.

The birds were built to fight The Wall, though. At least, that's what it seemed. Though birds fell from the sky and birds burned on the ground, crippled of flight, they were sturdy enough to take a few shots of light with just a shake. The bird I found myself in shook violently, but everyone on the bridge was calm. The admiral seemed more annoyed than worried, as she shook her leg with impatience. The man from earlier stood behind her, like a ghost. It was easy to see the role he played, with the contrast between the two characters.
Topic Starter
Naimae
"How long has it been?"

"Twenty three days and two hours."

"When's the next wave of reinforcements?"

"The last came three days before we returned to the siege. Airships like this are very expensive, and we must also preserve what we have for an inevitable war with Talia."

Silence, save for the tapping of heel on metal.

"How long until we can get through?"

"Who knows? The Reinens are known for their resilience."

"What if we back off? We're not making any progress here."

"Then we'll fight one big war instead of two small ones."

Topic Starter
Naimae
Azalea reminds me of the color blue more than it does pink. Kind of like the color of azures, but with the beauty of chrysanthemums. So really, I guess I mean that the word "azalea" reminds me more of blue and purple chrysanthemums more than it reminds me of actual azaleas. Just something about the word azalea feels blue-purple. Indigo, maybe, is the color I'm looking for.

Chrysanthemums might be a bit too thick, though. Things that look fluffy and are fluffy are nice, but I think flowers should look more airy than they do fluffy. Such a flower probably doesn't exist in our world.

But when I woke up this morning, I found the world burning. The field of flowers had been scorched to nothing, and the ash solemnly drifted away along with the wind. The field far away was rotting with corpses and hate. Everything was on fire. Everything burned. My feet, my legs, my hands, my face - everything burned. I had loved this world. The trains skimming across the water's surface, the endless fields of flowers to the horizon, the islands that roamed the sky. All of it burned. All of it corrupted and rotten to the very core. The only salvation was to burn it all.
Meah
AZALEA is a sub-unit under Aqours. The group consists of three members, namely Matsuura Kanan, Kurosawa Dia, and Kunikida Hanamaru.

The group was formed in phases:
On December 2015, six different configurations were offered to be chosen from.
On January 2016, the unit compositions were revealed, and people were asked to submit names for them.
On March 2016, the choices for unit names were revealed.
On April 2016, the chosen unit names were revealed. AZALEA's name was taken from the prefecture flower of Shizuoka, the Azalea. In Flower Language, Azalea means "patient" or "modest," which reflects the image of the unit.

Their group introduction goes:「恋の喜び咲かせます、AZALEAです。」 ("Koi no yorokobi sakasemasu, AZALEA desu"), which translates to "Blooming with the joy of love, we are AZALEA".

Songs

AZALEA's first single is "Torikoriko PLEASE!!".

Tracks:

Torikoriko PLEASE!!
Tokimeki Bunruigaku

Release Date: May 25, 2016

"LONELY TUNING" is a bonus CD by AZALEA for purchasing the entire set of Season 1 Blu-ray Volumes from Sofmap.

Tracks:

LONELY TUNING

Release Date: March 24, 2017

AZALEA's second single is "GALAXY HidE and SeeK".

Tracks:

GALAXY HidE and SeeK
INNOCENT BIRD
Release Date: May 31, 2017

Trivia
Other polls also determined the names of the sub-units: CYaRon!, AZALEA, and Guilty Kiss.
Due to the image presented by the members, many of the name submissions had meanings emphasizing elegance, gentleness, and the traditional image the members have. Other highlighted submissions are "Pione," and "KANARIA."
AZALEA can be compared to either μ’s' BiBi or lily white. But is more comparable to the latter case.
AZALEA is composed of 2 3rd years and 1 1st year like BiBi.
AZALEA gives a pure feeling and has a member of each attribute like lily white.
ColdTooth
reported meah for spam
Jun Maeda
Plz stop