forum

[Archived] Problem with volume

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Trollbonne
Problem Details: So after finishing a song I think i accidentally touched a key and some how messed up the volume on the game. The master volume is right now at 15% and the game sounds something between 50-60%. which in turn makes all clicks sounds really loud. Before i had the master volume at roughly 45% so you can imagen how surprised was when the volume suddenly blasted my eardrums. I know that i can lower the other volumes so it gets playable but i really wonder what I can have done.
I think i was going to press F2 for another random song after i had finished the first one and some how maybe manged to press another key or both at the same time? I have checked the main volume panel on windows as well, and all audio settings there seems normal to what can remember. And i don't know if there is any short commands for OSU! or Windows that i can have accidentally pressed.
I have tried to google around but i can't seem to find any one that have had the same issue.

What I have tried.
Restart OSU!.
Restart the computer.
Fiddle with volume controls.
changed from headphones to speakers and back again.
(the volume seems fine with speakers)

I have SteelSeries seberia 650 headphones.

So now i hope there is some one that had have the same issue and manged to fix it.

Thanks in advance! :D

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170731.2 (latest)
Lacrimosa
You can change the volume through the options menu.

I assume that you will have to lower the Music and perhaps the Effect sound to get it back to normal.

And what you probably did is that you pressed the ALT key while trying to press F2 and managed to change the volume that way.

Topic Starter
Trollbonne

Nikosbks wrote:

You can change the volume through the options menu.

I assume that you will have to lower the Music and perhaps the Effect sound to get it back to normal.

And what you probably did is that you pressed the ALT key while trying to press F2 and managed to change the volume that way.

Yeah, that is what i have done for now. Right now i have lowered the music and effect to around 35% and i have the Master at 10% so that I'm able to play. But some songs still comes out really loud.
Still boggles my mind to what can have happened since i didn't see the graphics for the sound controller pop up when it happened.
But thanks for the help! :D
Death
Try disabling surround sound.

Right click on the speaker icon at the bottom right of your screen > Select Playback devices > Click on your headset > Click Configure > Then switch the audio channel to stereo.

Certain songs can be louder than others because their mp3 is just simply louder, yet they still shouldn't be abnormally loud.

Edit:
Just realized you can also enable and disable surround sound in your steelseries Engine. As I do not have a steelseries headset you will need to Google how to do that.
Lacrimosa
You can still modify osu!'s master volume through the Windows Volume Mixer.
Death

Nikosbks wrote:

He is saying some maps are significantly louder than others, so this would not really fix the problem as the loud maps would be normal volume and the quiet maps would be extremely quiet.
Lacrimosa

Death wrote:

He is saying some maps are significantly louder than others, so this would not really fix the problem as the loud maps would be normal volume and the quiet maps would be extremely quiet.
Yeah, that wasn't really for his previous post, but rather his op.
Topic Starter
Trollbonne

Death wrote:

Try disabling surround sound.

Right click on the speaker icon at the bottom right of your screen > Select Playback devices > Click on your headset > Click Configure > Then switch the audio channel to stereo.

Certain songs can be louder than others because their mp3 is just simply louder, yet they still shouldn't be abnormally loud.

Edit:
Just realized you can also enable and disable surround sound in your steelseries Engine. As I do not have a steelseries headset you will need to Google how to do that.
Thanks for the great tips when it comes to different songs being louder than others! Will absolutely look in to it for that problem!
Topic Starter
Trollbonne

Nikosbks wrote:

Yeah i just checked that and OSU! isn't in the windows mixer options. Don't know if that is because i have my speaker chosen as my normal out put for when I'm watching youtube vids etc., and in the OSU! options menu i have chosen the headphones as standard so i don't have to plug them in every time I want to play. Will fiddle around with a little to se what i can do! :D
Kondou-Shinichi
tbh just play with 100% for everything (and only adjust master volume)
Topic Starter
Trollbonne

Kondou-Shinichi wrote:

tbh just play with 100% for everything (and only adjust master volume)
That is almost what I used to do. but with same settings as before i can only play the game with the master at 20% then it gets to loud to play.
Normally i used to have Music at 60% and effect att 80% and master around 45%. If I use those settings now i blast my eardrums out. It's not like i can't work around it. I just wonder what happened. :D