forum

How to change scroll speed for all maps?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RhythmRetard
So I've been playing osu!mania at 30 scroll speed since I started about 1 and a half years ago, but today I've started playing at 40 scroll speed. It feels fucking amazing and the maps are so much easier to read, especially 4-6 star maps. I've compensated for the huge speed increase by playing with Jhlee's original skin, which has a lower hit position. As a result, my scores and accuracy have not suffered very much and I can still SS and Perfect maps, I just need more practice. The thing is that I've been having to increase my scroll speed for each map I play, and pressing F4 ten times for every map I play is really tedious, and I have thousands of different maps. Is there a way I can set the scroll speed to 40 for all maps?
Also I strongly recommend lowering your hit position on your skin and then increasing your scroll speed. At least try it. Since I have a 144hz monitor it might not be that great for people with 60hz monitors, but for me, at 144fps, 40 scroll speed took no time at all to get used to and I feel just as comfortable, if not more playing any song within my skill level. And compared to people with similar play time as me I am not that good of a mania player and I've been pretty slow to learn it.
Sandy Hoey
I think if you uncheck "scale scroll speed with bpm" and "remember scroll speed for each beatmap" you can make it so you always have the same scroll speed
Topic Starter
RhythmRetard

Sandy Hoey wrote:

I think if you uncheck "scale scroll speed with bpm" and "remember scroll speed for each beatmap" you can make it so you always have the same scroll speed
I already have "scale scroll speed" on but not "remember scroll speed". I probably should have looked more carefully on the options because I totally missed it. Thank you.