forum

[Archived] pp ranking question - i am noob pls halp

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Toastymemes
So recently i have been gaining pp very quickly and went from 300 to 500 in about a week. I noticed that my old plays got weighted less . My question is that if i replay the older maps and get a way better score, will the pp for that map increase? Or will it make zero difference? I mainly want to know this because i really want to gain pp and i dont want to find new maps every time i want to climb.

Also, how does osu rank your top plays? Is it by the score at the end or is it by how difficult the map is?
I apologies if i sound stupid i really have no idea how ranking in this game works.

osu! version: 20170731.2 (latest)
Death
On the website osu! will rank your top plays with PP. You can view these top plays in the aptly name "Top Ranks" section of your user page.
In game your scores will be ranked based on their actual score. This score is used to determine your position on a specific map and is generally unrelated to Performance Points.

If you replay older maps with a significantly better score then yes, the performance points will increase. There are a few exceptions to this, but for the most part it will be true.

For example:
  1. If you get a higher score (usually just barely higher) with lower accuracy, it is possible to actually lose performance points
  2. If set a play with a lower score, using a different mod combination, and the pp value is higher than your previous score, osu! will use this pp value (this one is a bit confusing and you most likely don't need to worry about it)
You can read all about Performance Points here, and you can read all about score here
Topic Starter
Toastymemes
oh man thanks, ez explanation thats way better than the wiki. tytyty :)
Dntm8kmeeatu
One thing to note though, PP increase will be minimal, since you already have PP for the map. (unless it's a major improvement and the songs are weighted extremely low)