forum

[Archived] MAC: MP3 gone/corrupt on custom beatmap????

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
aharms91
Problem Details:

So I'm a new player and beatmap editor, and I'm playing through Wine on a Macbook. I recently made a beatmap for a song that I dragged into the program. I read somewhere, in regard to a different issue, that you shouldn't have numbers in the .mp3 or .osz/.osu file names, so I changed the file names, and simply deleted the numbers (for no reason really besides the fact that I read that you shouldn't do that..) After this, when my beatmap was selected in game, no preview of the song would play, just silence. And when I select the map to actually play it, it runs the beatmap that I created, but with no .mp3 to go with it. I checked my Programfiles>Osu!>songs folder, and it appears that all the files are still there and in tact (though renamed..).
Is there any way that I can fix this, and put the .mp3 music back into my new beatmap???? Soooo frustrating.. :(

osu! version: 20160403.6
Death
You need to edit the .osu file for your map and change the "AudioFilename" line so it corresponds to what you changed your mp3 name to.