forum

osu! EFP Keyboard for iOS

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
fr00
:idea: Ease Finger Pain Keyboard :idea: in Full.
Essentially a touch keyboard you could ZX with lesser pain but for the iOS.

Intro
Basically this is an application which did the same thing as Remote osu! Keyboard(https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/391981).
But I don’t have an android phone, so I give it a try to make an iOS version of the touch keyboard so I don’t have to suffer more pain.:cry:
Hope u guys enjoy! :)~

Download
1.EFP Keyboard: https://github.com/fr006d/ease-finger-pain-keyboard/releases/download/2.0.2/2.0.2.zip
2.Cydia Impactor: http://www.cydiaimpactor.com
Cydia Impactor allows the iPhone/iPad/iPod install EFP Keyboard without jailbreak(But it will need to be resigned every 7 days).

Requirement
iOS 9.0 and later
Windows XP/MacOS 10.9 and later

Prerequisite
1.Install iTunes
This application needs iTunes to communicate with the iPhone/iPad/iPod, if you are using MacOS then you already have it.

How to use
1.Connect your iPhone/iPad/iPod to PC/Mac through the lightning cable, trust this computer on your iPhone/iPad/iPod.
2.Unzip the EFP Keyboard "2.0.2.zip".
3.Inside the folder, there is a file call "EFP Keyboard.ipa".
4.Open the Cydia Impactor and drag "EFP Keyboard.ipa" into it.
5.Enter your appleID and password. (You could create a new appleID if you are worried about it)
6.Wait it till complete.
7.On your iPhone/iPad/iPod, Go to Home Screen -> Settings -> General -> Device management, select your appleID and trust/verify it.
8.Open EFP Keyboard on your Home Screen.
9.On your PC/Mac, open "EFP Keyboard.exe"/"EFP Keyboard.app".
10.It will create a tray icon in your taskbar, Right-Click/Left-Click on it, it will popup a menu.
11.It will show "Polling iPhone/iPad/iPod or your device name (some udid) Via Usb...".
12.After successfully connected, it will show "Connected To iPhone/iPad/iPod or your device name (some udid) Via Usb!".
13.You could now ZX with your iPhone/iPad/iPod! ;)~

How to update
1.Download the latest version of EFP Keyboard.
2.Use Cydia Impactor to install the newly downloaded "EFP Keyboard.ipa", the procedure is same as section How to use 1-7.
3.Open EFP Keyboard on your Home Screen.
4.Open the newly downloaded "EFP Keyboard.exe"/"EFP Keyboard.app".
5.You could now ZX with your iPhone/iPad/iPod with the latest version of EFP Keyboard! ;)~

How to use wifi connection (experimental)
1.Connect your iPhone/iPad/iPod to PC through the lightning cable, trust this computer on your iPhone/iPad/iPod.
2.Open the popup menu from EFP Keyboard tray icon.
3.Tick the iPhone/iPad/iPod that plugin.
4.Pull out the cable.
5.Open the popup menu, it will show "Polling iPhone/iPad/iPod or your device name (some udid) Via Wifi...".
6.If successfully connected, it will show "Connected To iPhone/iPad/iPod or your device name (some udid) Via Wifi!".
6b.Try to restart AMDS (Apple Mobile Device Service) if wifi connection didn't work.
7.You could now ZX with your iPhone/iPad/iPod! ;)~

Changelog
2.0.2 released on Sep 1, 2019
• Fix several things.

2.0.1 released on Aug 29, 2019
• Enhance stability.
• Add "Restart AMDS"(Apple Mobile Device Service) in client, use it if wifi connection not work. (Windows only)

2.0.0 released on Jul 12, 2019
• Add a dark theme.
• Add a "Load Balance" option, which required user to swap zxing. (Otherwise, the input will not send, hopefully avoid being too tense on one finger)
• Can add more zx keys, might may be probably able to spread the load to other fingers.

1.2.0 released on Jan 20, 2019
• Update PC/Mac client to become a tray icon instead of a console.
• Add wifi connection. (Only work on Windows, doesn't work on MacOS for reason that idk)
• Can add client to Windows/MacOS startup.
• Compatible with lazer.

1.1.0 released on Jan 3, 2019
• Add "Mute" button.
• The position of game button could be adjusted by changing settings "Horizontal Constraint" and "Vertical Constraint".
• Game button could be enlarged by changing settings "Button Size" to "Fill".

1.0.3 released on Sep 22, 2017
• Improve several things.

1.0.2 released on Sep 21, 2017
• Add "F2" button.

1.0.1 released on Sep 19, 2017
• Improve device searching.
• Add "Settings" includes in-app prevent auto lock screen and force screen orientation.

1.0.0 released on Sep 13, 2017
• First release^^
Kondou-Shinichi
The real problem is that you tap slower
Jeni-Desu
Wow, this actually legit worked...
could some improvements, but already worked quite well
could even change my playstyle to this

Keep up the good work! :)
Topic Starter
fr00

Kondou-Shinichi wrote:

The real problem is that you tap slower
There is some trade-off certainly
bouncing (tap faster) vs ease finger pain :roll:

Jeni-Desu wrote:

Wow, this actually legit worked...
could some improvements, but already worked quite well
could even change my playstyle to this

Keep up the good work! :)
thx for your reply :)
There's always room for improvement, playing a lot of osu! with EFP Keyboard should give me some clues ;)

Update EFP Keyboard to version 1.0.1, feel free to check out the changelog!
Jeni-Desu
How to update it?
Topic Starter
fr00

Jeni-Desu wrote:

How to update it?
How to update
2.Use Cydia Impactor to install the newly downloaded "ease_finger_pain_keyboard.ipa", the procedure is same as section How to use 1-7.
4.Open the newly downloaded "ease_finger_pain_keyboard.exe"/"ease_finger_pain_keyboard".
5.You could now ZX with your iPhone/iPad/iPod with the latest version of EFP Keyboard! ;)

Update EFP Keyboard to version 1.0.2, feel free to check out the changelog!
Jeni-Desu
The hardest thing to adjust is where to click because the lack of feedback,
im not blaming the app, its just a limitation for the touchscreen i guess :d
however, can you make it so that we can adjust the location of the buttons?
Topic Starter
fr00

Jeni-Desu wrote:

The hardest thing to adjust is where to click because the lack of feedback,
im not blaming the app, its just a limitation for the touchscreen i guess :d
however, can you make it so that we can adjust the location of the buttons?
Yes, I ran into the same issue, I might add some settings to change the button's position or enlarge it.
It might take a while to add this function, anyway thx for your feedback :D
Jeni-Desu

fr00 wrote:

Yes, I ran into the same issue, I might add some settings to change the button's position or enlarge it.
It might take a while to add this function, anyway thx for your feedback :D
Best of luck to you for developing this :) :D
Catzzye
Woah! I am gonna try this out real soon, gonna be back with results.

EDIT: Doesn't work on iPhone 7 on the latest 11.2.
I guess I should be on a lower version for it to work.
Also, thank you for the hard work on the app. It surely must have taken some time.
Fangslash
Thank you so much! this works perfectly! (iphone8)
Delay feels somewhat close to a 125hz keyboard which isn't bad at all, I love it!
Infecta
This project still alive?
Topic Starter
fr00

Infecta wrote:

No, it's dead. But the things still work on iOS and osu!stable(won't work on lazer)
Infecta

fr00 wrote:

Infecta wrote:

No, it's dead. But the things still work on iOS and osu!stable(won't work on lazer)

mind if i have the source? i might have a friend make it alive again
xyFredyson
is it possible to make the Z & X buttons bigger? xD
i miss them often
yamete69oppai
Can is use it on ios 7.1.2?
CCosuosu
Can you add two more keys?
Vindrue
i play with my index and ring finger and on an iphone 5 so my fingers are very close to the edge of the buttons when im playing, therefore i miss a lot, it would be great if you could make the buttons larger or maybe just take up the whole screen ^-^. btw excellent work on this!
Oofie
I see people want to add their suggestion to this project. Just as the creator says, "This project is dead". Hope you guys understand. But, I hope it comes back alive.
Topic Starter
fr00
Hi, I am back~
Recently, I start playing osu occasionally, I figure out there are some features I need :o
So I update it, along side with some suggested features in comments above :D
However, I currently only play standard mode and I use some api that only available in iOS 9 or later, no key added and iOS prior to 9.0 are not supported :( :

Download
EFP Keyboard: https://github.com/fr006d/ease-finger-pain-keyboard/releases/download/1.1.0/1.1.0.zip

Update list
• Add "Mute" button.
• The position of game button could be adjusted by changing settings "Horizontal Constraint" and "Vertical Constraint".
• Game button could be enlarged by changing settings "Button Size" to "Fill".

How to update
2.Use Cydia Impactor to install the newly downloaded "ease_finger_pain_keyboard.ipa", the procedure is same as section How to use 1-7.
4.Open the newly downloaded "ease_finger_pain_keyboard.exe"/"ease_finger_pain_keyboard".
5.You could now ZX with your iPhone/iPad/iPod with the latest version of EFP Keyboard! ;)~

:) Happy New Year :)
show more