forum

Little taiko question

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[ Zhiend ]
So i've been playing taiko for like 20~ hours and i find it hard to hit patterns with fast repeated triples.
These can just be DDD, DDD, DDD but fast, or like DDK, DKD, KDD, etc.
Example map:
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/85824&m=1

As an Std player hitting triples with one hand is alright but i play KDDK and it's hard coordinating my two hands.

Are there any tips or is the only advice here the famous "Play more"?

Thanks in advance ;)
Yuzeyun
t/175867

This should cover most if not all your needs
Slap Ono in the face in case of missing training maps
Edgar_Figaro
Well I think the issue here is one of two things.

1. Hard to read the patterns (confusing red and blue or other reading related issues)
2. Off-hand is too slow (common issue for people coming from Standard where the non-tapping hand fingers are slower)

If your issue is the first item mainly just try practicing maps with slower scroll speeds until your eyes get used to it

If your issue is the second item, try and use your off-hand more. This could be single tapping non 1/4 patterns with non-dominant hand to build up the strength or you could even try playing some 4k Mania where all fingers are used consistently.
Topic Starter
[ Zhiend ]
Ye weird thing is i mainly use right hand for taiko when my left hand is my std tapping hand cause i'm right and it feels easier to control with my right hand
Surono
you just need to adapting with right handed or even learn how to alternating hands play since you more often playing at std, thats good if you have a good tapping with left hand.