forum

[Archived] Cursor lag spike every 4 - 5 minutes (help)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Saunamaisteri
Okay so i've been suffering from this constant cursor lagging for few months now and I can't find 100% confirmed factor that would be the cause for all this annoyance.
It occurs while using both tablet and mouse. I've tested the same tablet and mouse on another pc and the lag won't occur so its probably not because of the equipment. This lag shows up every 4-5 minutes or so and I haven't been able to fix this due to the fact that the origin of this problem is still kind of a mystery ..

Though I have one prime suspect.. this some kind of downloadable osu!streamspeedtester that I had on my desktop for about 10 months. The last time I used it was somewhere near the end of 2016 and then I forgot the whole existence of that thing until summer 2017 I noticed the program at my desktop and decided to give it a try until my avast started screaming about virus that has been blocked and it was from the osu!streamspeedtester( this never happed before). So I deleted the program and soon after that my cursor started to constantly lag. BUT I still had some minor lags with osu for few weeks before the deletion of this program but it was a different kind of lag. It affected my cursor differently and would be easily fixed by turning compatility mode on and off.

So I really can't find any other suspects for this one other than that streamspeedtester but that doesn't explain why I had that lag before I deleted it + since I've had the program for so long and the problems only started wayy long after I first installed it.
I hope I don't have to reinstall my osu! because it would be a pain to lose all the replays and other stuff with it .

Thank you for reading
Lacrimosa
What's the cursor's behavior like? Can you elaborate more on this or record a video of the issue?

In the meantime, make sure to shut down any program running in the background, other than osu!, and see if it helps.