forum

FAIRY FORE - Vivid

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hitoshirenu Shourai
peppy
OMG where's the video. ;.; don't do an echo49 on us now...
Topic Starter
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Video? If you can find me a video with this length of the song, that'd be great. >_>;
awp

hitoshirenu wrote:

Video? If you can find me a video with this length of the song, that'd be great. >_>;
iirc, Vivid by Fairy Fore is Final Fantasy Unlimited's intro song. Using FFU's opener should work just fine as a video.

I could upload the video for that, but at the moment I can't check whether this song is full length or the version used in the show.
Topic Starter
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Actually, it's the ending to FFU, and the video wouldn't work because this version of the song is more than twice the length of the TV version. >_>
awp
Ah. It's been two years.

Perhaps loop the video or play it backwards once it ends or make it run awkwardly at half speed.
Jean_old
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bsRsRaGVx0E This is the PV for the song. XD

I really like the beatmaps, 'cause I love this song.. but, on Hard (and I'll assume Insane too, but I doubt I could pass that), I think the beats start way too fast. If you cut off a couple of seconds at the start for beat placing I think it would be a lot more playable, but the rest of the song was great.
Kharl
I was thinking about making a map for this song, but now someone has done it for me, very neatly indeed.

Anyway, the mid-song break (from 1:54:81 to around 2:16:60) in Easy and Normal seems too long for me. I suggest you split it into two, one from 1:54:81 to 2:06:24 and another one from 2:16:95 to 2:29:10. I also agree with Jean; the beat starts too fast. Make it starts from 0:03:38 or 0:14:81 would be better. Apart from those, this song is great and I really enjoy it. ;)
Topic Starter
Hitoshirenu Shourai
If someone could show me how to insert a few seconds in the beginning of the song, then that would be very helpful. This isn't the only song where the music has started right away, and for sure, it won't be my last. Personally, I think that after people have played it a few times, they can remember to move their cursor to the middle for the beginning. Something that would help with that is if there were some sort of keyboard shortcut to enter a song. =/
peppy

hitoshirenu wrote:

If someone could show me how to insert a few seconds in the beginning of the song, then that would be very helpful. This isn't the only song where the music has started right away, and for sure, it won't be my last. Personally, I think that after people have played it a few times, they can remember to move their cursor to the middle for the beginning. Something that would help with that is if there were some sort of keyboard shortcut to enter a song. =/
I'm adding this into osu!. Hold off until tomorrow night and it'll be ready :).
awp

hitoshirenu wrote:

If someone could show me how to insert a few seconds in the beginning of the song, then that would be very helpful.
If you have Goldwave, it's just a matter of opening the mp3 in it and selecting "Edit>Insert Silence". This is the version (read: torrent) I have and Goldwave's been working for me for the last six or so months.

There are other programs that can insert silences as well (including Sound Recorder!) so you have quite a few options.
peppy
Uh, I'm not for posting torrent links on these forums, sorry. The trial is available via google and has very few limitations (actually I still use this even after its expired :D).
Topic Starter
Hitoshirenu Shourai

peppy wrote:

I'm adding this into osu!. Hold off until tomorrow night and it'll be ready :).
Awesome! Now to figure out what to do to that break... ^_~
Extor
Except I still can't pass the hard and insane version. I like the beatmaps. I hope to see you go through Insane when this gets ranked (So I can see your replay). :twisted:

And, well. Peppy already said it in IRC, you should need to fix those 2 notes in normal.

That's all.
Topic Starter
Hitoshirenu Shourai

Extor wrote:

Except I still can't pass the hard and insane version. I like the beatmaps. I hope to see you go through Insane when this gets ranked (So I can see your replay). :twisted:

And, well. Peppy already said it in IRC, you should need to fix those 2 notes in normal.

That's all.
Fixed and uploaded. >_>
eyup
*plays Normal* Oo, nice map, beautifully spaced and everything, timing is perfect, ready for rank--- oh wait. Should try another level before doing that.

*plays Insane* ARRGGHGHHH I HATE YOU HITO!!! xD

Is it just me, or are insane maps now trending towards being totally impossible for mouse clickers? =(
peppy
I agree that this song on insane is quite impossible!
Extor
Who cares? You still have the normal and hard version to beat at your pleasure. =P

I think this one needs to go to the rankings... doesn't it?
Topic Starter
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Added 2 seconds of Lead-In. =D
awp
Will check this after class!
show more