forum

[ALL MODES][HD/SD] Aoba Style v2.5.1 (v1 Remaster Released!) - 3.18.2020

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shiritai

An osu! skin for Aoba.

Aoba Style v1 Remaster (3.18.2020)
We remastered the full v1 skin to get rid of any significant borrowed elements and get everything into HD. It's done now so check the downloads section! Thanks to KatouMegumi for doing the work on this!

Source files released! (3.11.2020)
We decided to release the source .psd files for the skin now that the skin is complete. The until now unreleased Aoba Style v1 elements are also included! Have fun! Download link below.

v2.5.1 released. (10.28.2019)
Improvements to 4:3 compatibility and slight skin tweaks!
Thanks to KatouMegumi for doing the work on this update :D!

v2.5 released! All modes skinned! (6.24.2018)
Thank you to KatouMegumi, for the help in skinning mania and taiko!

It's been a lot of fun, and skinning any mode other than standard probably wouldn't have happened without them :-)

Screenshots

imgur album
2.5.1 changes

Downloads

Videos

Changelogs

v.2.5.1

v2.5.1 released. (10.28.2019)

Changes:
-Changes to song select and skip to make the skin play nice with 4:3.
-Mirror Mod added.
-Result screen changed to improve readability.

v2.5

v2.5 released! All modes skinned! (6.24.2018)

Changes:
-mania, taiko, ctb, all skinned!
-standard hit circle updated.
-Ranking panel updated.
-Play skip updated.
-Score entry font added to match the rest of the number elements.
-Song select top bar added.
-More UI improvements/tweaks.
-More Aoba voice lines added.
-More bonus elements from KatouMegumi!

v2.4
Changes:

v2.4 is now out! (4.13.2018)
Big big thanks to KatouMegumi for doing much of the work in remastering the skin into HD :-)!

Also Taiko skinned soontm.

Changes:
-We HD now bois!
-Menu-snow added.
-Mod icon designs updated.

-Editable HP bar. (Check the skin folder)

v2.3
Changes:
-Added input overlay.
-Added buttons.
-Removed box overlay.
-Hitsounds changed.

-Back button goes backwards now.
-Bunch of other small changes.

v2.2
Changes:
-Added original default, score, hit, and countdown numbers.
-New pause overlay and fail background.
-Smaller cursor.
-Modified menu background.
-Upgraded spinner.

v2.1
Changes:
-Changed the font for numbers.
-Slightly modified song select background.
-Added user profile background.

-Added box play area.
-Spinner is now centered.

Milestones

Milestones

20000 downloads! Thanks for the support everyone!
(8.11.2019)

10k dls! (3.27.2019)

5k downloads on v2.5! (12.18.2018)

We hit 2000 downloads on v2.5! Thanks for dling and using the skin :D! (7.29.2018)

LazyBaka
Nice skin, thanks for sharing :3
Frosiito
wow! Great Skin I love it! ;)
ELEVA
Nice skin, i like design song selection
Cyuubi
Cursor seems to be a little big, had to set my cursor size to 0.50
Fatal3ty

xKyupuppin wrote:

Cursor seems to be a little big, had to set my cursor size to 0.50
Cursorsize 0.5 not smaller enought? You can resize this cursor.png with paint.net or gimp. :)
creamypeachess
honestly, i really like this skin. the only thing i had to do was resize the cursor, but it's super nice!
also the song selection is very cute, just like eleva said :)
Topic Starter
Shiritai
I agree, the cursor could be a bit smaller. The only reason I made it so big was cause I like having cursor expand on, so it doesn't stretch when it expands.
I'll probably make the next update have a smaller cursor.

Thanks for the feedback :-)!
atturbo555
I see some elements are edited from other skin. Please Make your own elements. Edited elements such as countdown, score number & other.
But it's your skin looking good.
h3oCharles

atturbo555 wrote:

I see some elements are edited from other skin. Please Make your own elements. Edited elements such as countdown, score number & other.
yea, the default and score numbers look too familiar for my taste
Ruuue

h3oCharles wrote:

atturbo555 wrote:

yea, the default and score numbers look too familiar for my taste
Its just a Neuropol font... It's very popular amongst skins (even my skin Aura uses it)
KatouMegumi
I like the UI elements, though the gameplay is cliche.
Anyway looking forward into this skin!
Fatal3ty
Good Skin, but can you make a HD Quality Skin for 1920x1080 with @2x.png? :D

And i cant see spin, please add spinner-approachcircle.png for other people and me. (i added for me with spinner approachcircle) :o

Pause Menu good idea, but "Retry" on the ranking panel are invisible. :(

Tip: You can fix a Input Key (rights on the screen) with per skin.ini under [Colours] - InputOverlayText: 255,255,255 (white) for visible text. :)
Topic Starter
Shiritai

Fizzn wrote:

Yeah, the gameplay isn't supposed to be anything special, cliche is cliche cause it works right :3? There's probably at least some elements I could still change though.

Fatal3ty wrote:

And i cant see spin, please add spinner-approachcircle.png for other people and me. (i added for me with spinner approachcircle) :o

Tip: You can fix a Input Key (rights on the screen) with per skin.ini under [Colours] - InputOverlayText: 255,255,255 (white) for visible text. :)
I didn't add a spinner approach circle since it looks better imo, but I'll add it if enough people want it. I'll put a retry button onto the ranking panel too.
I made the input overlay text black for now to make it invisible, but I'll probably add an actual input overlay in the next version.

As for an HD ver, it'll take a lot of time to copy over, so if I ever get to it it'll be during a school break.

Thanks for the feedback!
Fatal3ty
Visible inputkey text look better for a public skin and for spectating people. And don't forgot the update one new mod button scorev2 (named selection-mod-scorev2.png). :)
KatouMegumi
;)

Shiritai wrote:

Fizzn wrote:

Yeah, the gameplay isn't supposed to be anything special, cliche is cliche cause it works right :3? There's probably at least some elements I could still change though.

Fatal3ty wrote:

I didn't add a spinner approach circle since it looks better imo, but I'll add it if enough people want it. I'll put a retry button onto the ranking panel too.
I made the input overlay text black for now to make it invisible, but I'll probably add an actual input overlay in the next version.

As for an HD ver, it'll take a lot of time to copy over, so if I ever get to it it'll be during a school break.

Thanks for the feedback!
I am personally using your skin as a mix basis, maybe this will be a good inspitration
As of @2x elements, for now just process it through waifu2x-caffe. Also lack of spinner approach circle is confusing me.
Anyway nice skin <3
Topic Starter
Shiritai
v2.3 is out now! This update mostly brings small changes and additions to the skin. Suggestions/feedback welcome :-)
Topic Starter
Shiritai
v2.4 is out! This update brings HD version of the skin (KatouMegumi bless) as well as more minor improvements.
Suggestions/feedback welcome as always :-)

taikosoontm.
Husa
Great skin owo
KuriyamaVN
Good Skin :)
show more