forum

Mouse Accuracy advice wanted!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Krazle
I've been playing osu for a few years now very casually, right now I play 5.0 - 6.0 star at around 94-96%, 6.1 - 6.5 around 90%, and recently I've been having some trouble with mouse acc after taking a break, any advice about the following would help! (I use claw grip)

- mouse driving into back of palm and making me miss bottom left notes

- weird "uncomfortable" kind of urge to lift mouse and move it while I play because it feels like I'm inaccurate, but when I force myself not to I play fine.

- jittery in the morning making it impossible to play, however when I'm tired I'm more accurate

anyone else have any of these problems?
abraker
        What I told:                    Reality:

        - Hard worker, self starter, and smart          - I sit and watch anime all day
        - Completed over 40 projects                - I started a few things but got bored
        - Have a masters degree                  - Still in college. Have 2.9 GPA (bummer)
        - Won 2nd place in a national championship        - We ended up #134 because I freaked out

_yui
Does your mouse have grips on the sides?
Squeeze it with your fingers slightly harder, that'll help the driving issue
Celine
Grip better, maybe pressure more
Hold your mouse comfortably, then focus on the game, not the mouse
Deva
Get a tablet
spacepop
it's normal for acc to go down as the map getting harder. just play more
AyeAries
I guess the best solution is buy and use tablet :)
Ryoid
enjoy the game and you will not notice that you were worser
Topic Starter
Krazle

spacepop wrote:

it's normal for acc to go down as the map getting harder. just play more
Its not that my acc is going down as maps get harder, my acc went down on the same songs after a pretty long "break" (where I played on and off every couple days)
Topic Starter
Krazle

- Aries - wrote:

Problem with this is I'm left handed, only thing I use right hand for is mouse, and my tapping/finger dexterity with my right hand is abysmal.
Celine
Playing more and different kind of maps helps with consistency
Be consistent with your grip, develop muscle memory, sooner or later you can just focus on the game and not worry about your grip which might fuck up your aim
Wishes

Krazle wrote:

- Aries - wrote:

Problem with this is I'm left handed, only thing I use right hand for is mouse, and my tapping/finger dexterity with my right hand is abysmal.
I'm the exact opposite of this. Right handed, use mouse left handed (don't ask why). Having played with both hands (tablet on my dominant hand), I can definitely tell you that aim is a lot more important (and harder to train), and tapping hand is relatively easy to switch and adapt to (most players tap with their non-dominant hand anyway).

Point is, get a tablet. It will help you. Especially since you don't need to worry about stuff like mouse drift.
Fxjlk

Krazle wrote:

- mouse driving into back of palm and making me miss bottom left notes

- weird "uncomfortable" kind of urge to lift mouse and move it while I play because it feels like I'm inaccurate, but when I force myself not to I play fine.
This is due to mouse drift/stamina issues. To deal with drift you have to either:

1. Re position your mouse while you are playing or
2. Increase your range of motion by playing more flexibly

This uncomfortably could also just be your hand getting tired. I used to sometimes mistake tiredness for drift and I would re position but very quickly after I would feel uncomfortable again.

Krazle wrote:

- jittery in the morning making it impossible to play, however when I'm tired I'm more accurate
This just sounds like you are not warmed up, play some fun easy maps until you get into the flow of things and the jitteryness will go away.
The Gambler
Get a mablet...
Topic Starter
Krazle
I'll try getting a tablet and swapping tapping hands, however my right tapping hand really is terrible, thanks for all the advice!
Wishes

Krazle wrote:

I'll try getting a tablet and swapping tapping hands, however my right tapping hand really is terrible, thanks for all the advice!
Don't worry, it'll be easier than you expect to switch, probably. Hope it goes well for you! ;)