forum

Does anyone else suck at hidden?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Skeletroll
I'm at a loss as to how to play the hidden mod. Even on songs which I can FC at 95% + accuracy I'm pulling 80% plays with less than 100 combo while playing hidden. Was it like this for everyone starting hidden or do I just suck at reading it or something?
Genjuro

Skeletroll wrote:

Was it like this for everyone starting hidden or do I just suck at reading it or something?
No you don't suck at reading, or maybe you do! But that's not the reason why you struggle with hidden, it's because learning how to properly play hidden requires time and effort. Im pretty sure most people have been where you are at in the past, but im going to assure you that with enough practice you will be able to play good with hidden

https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/commen ... rn_hidden/ nice
Sandy Hoey
The biggest trick to hidden is listening to the music. The game is still the same, click he circles. You are just losing the visual clues on when to click, so you need to understand the rhythm in order to know when is the correct time. Your reading may not be bad, hidden just is a different style of reading than nomod
Anemic Witch
I was playing HD from my 1st days in this game so I hardly notice any difference between HD and nomod. Can only be tricky on <AR8 or maps with non-stacked circles.
Topic Starter
Skeletroll
I have no idea what actually happened but over the last 20 minutes I basically went from being completely inept at hidden to just barely less capable than no mod.
Celine
I can't play hidden too
Celine
On a serious note, just feel the rythm.
Yolshka
I'm absolutely terrible at hidden, probably never gonna get good at it cuz i have no intention of playing it.
I cant even pass shit if i put it on.
Idk the lack of approach circles really annoy me tbh. but the mod is generally liked.
N0thingSpecial
Listen to the song more closely, tap accordingly, don't rely on visuals
Akanagi

Skeletroll wrote:

I'm at a loss as to how to play the hidden mod. Even on songs which I can FC at 95% + accuracy I'm pulling 80% plays with less than 100 combo while playing hidden. Was it like this for everyone starting hidden or do I just suck at reading it or something?

Yes, it was exactly the same for me, except that I died 15 notes into the song on HD because I used to be a circle-scientist, closely watching the Approach-Circles.

People say you should listen to the rhythm, which is true, but over time you'll just develop your reading skill for the HD mod.
Just like in no-mod you'll have a subconscious awareness of when to hit the notes based on when they appeared on the screen and the timeframe between each note.

Learning to read triples and streams on HD took me a long time, though. Same goes for AR8 HD which is just absolutely brutal imo.
spacepop
listen the song carefully. I found HD on slow map hard to acc than fast map
Barusamikosu
Does anyone else suck at hidden?
Yep. Hidden on anything above a Normal is just way too hard for me.
Also nice osugame post
vinnicci
Deva
You should just end your life
Ryoid
Mash your keyboard and you will get an ss on it
Deva

Ryoid wrote:

Mash your keyboard and you will get an ss on it
My top play is the proof that's legit
I'm not even joking
N0thingSpecial