forum

[Archived] Performance Issues, which occured today

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mood Man
I've got a performance problem with osu lately. It started today. Originally I had about 1800-2000 fps while playing beatmaps in osu! (always used unlimited), but since today I barely get 700 fps without compatibility mode. Compatibility mode allows me to maintain 700-800 fps. The thing is that I would like to continue playing with around 2000 fps, especially because I can clearly notice a differences etc. Also I'm curious how this occured. I also installed an older version of my AMD drivers, which I had before (version 17.6.2) without ReLive, but it didn't seem to solve the problem. Stable did not solve the problem as well as cutting edge.

PC specs:
Cpu: Intel Core i5-6402P @2.8GHZ
GPU: AMD RX 460
RAM: 8 GB DDR4
BIOS: Windows 10 Home

(Also I apologize for the name, but I wasn't sure how to descirbe it in a few words)
Lacrimosa
Are there any open programs in the background? If so, close them and make sure osu! is the only program running. You might also wanna give it a try and restart your PC, if you haven't already.
Shortthu
the ram is 8gb so it's not the problem at all :p
but prob some high memory / CPU / GPU usage program running
Topic Starter
Mood Man
There are no programs running in the background which are causing high cpu and gpu usage. Also I already benchmarked my hardware. Cpu and gpu are a little above average and this sudden performance loss only occured in osu! . Completly unsure what caused it :/. Also setting Osu!'s priority to realtime had no effect (changed it back to high a little later). The thing is that my hardware should still be capable of outputting up to 3000 fps, but I still don't know why it is not reaching that at all since a few days. Another thing I found out is that my CPU as well as GPU are not running to their full extent (The CPU is infact not even close to 80%, while the GPU also has some "left over" performance). There are still resources Osu! could use to output a higher framerate and a lower input lag. The last thing I noticed is that my framerate is heavily dropping while moving my mouse. And yet again only Osu! has this problem :/