forum

Do I need a mechanical keyboard to stream better?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Stormdude127
So I'm at the point in the game where I can consistently do almost any 4 star map, though I sometimes struggle with 4.7 - 4.9 star maps, and that's mainly because of streams. Most 4 star maps have short streams with usually a max of 175 bpm, which I can handle, but I can't do long streams at all. I can't even complete Eiji Kuinbii which I believe is 150 bpm (I beat it once but that was a bit of a fluke). During long streams my fingers seem to slow down gradually to the point where I'm behind on every note. I think it's an endurance thing so I've taken to playing maps with auto aim on so I can just focus on the streams. Will that work eventually or is that not going to improve my endurance? Would I see a noticeable difference immediately if I bought a mechanical keyboard? Because right now I'm using my laptop keyboard.
KupcaH

Stormdude127 wrote:

During long streams my fingers seem to slow down gradually to the point where I'm behind on every note.
Lack of stamina. Try to put less force in pressing keys. And practice more.

Stormdude127 wrote:

I think it's an endurance thing so I've taken to playing maps with auto aim on so I can just focus on the streams. Will that work eventually or is that not going to improve my endurance?
Don't play with AP, because streams require aim too.

Stormdude127 wrote:

Would I see a noticeable difference immediately if I bought a mechanical keyboard? Because right now I'm using my laptop keyboard.
No, you won't become immediately better with mechanical keyboard. Perhaps you'll become even worse for few days/weeks.
I don't own mechanical keyboard, that's what I've heard from others. uwu
ManuelOsuPlayer
It's a reading problem. Find the bpm where you can read +30 circles in a row. Practice stream maps and xi maps, usually have tons of long streams. Play a little at that bpm and move slowly to high bpm and slow bpm.
When i started learning, 160bpm was the bpm most easier to read long streams for me. I move from there to 180. From 180 to 200....
Also deathstreams can be easier to read than normal long streams due to less note density, so you can read them better.
PinkNightmares

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

It's a reading problem. Find the bpm where you can read +30 circles in a row.
DeathHydra

B1oody wrote:

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Holy shit get rekt
KupcaH
10/10
Celine
No, you need aim and stamina
Feel the rythm, don't panic
E m i

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

if unsuccessful, do i also need to memorice the stream
Barusamikosu
It certainly won't hurt. By which I mean if you were planning to buy a mechanical keyboard for osu and can afford to do so then go for it.

However, it would be bad if you got your hopes up at the possibility of it greatly improving your streaming. You may feel some differences just based on how the keys press differently, but for actual improvements you just need to keep practicing as you've been doing already.

And your streaming issues definitely aren't a reading problem, so don't worry about that.
Deva
You need to stop looking for an easy way to learn to stream and actually practice more. Like a lot more.
And no a mech won't help you get better. You will be shit no matter what keyboard you use. Unless you stop being shit of course
abraker
My keyboard needs 20 grams of force or something to press. I can feel my keyboard is draining me off stamina, and a better keyboard wouldn't hurt, but it will be like taking your weights off. You will come to a roadblock once again and going back to your older keyboard to train will feel like going to a different gamemode
ManuelOsuPlayer

B1oody wrote:

So you're telling us you're a clown. Smart dude. Can you even read a book, or only inflate balloons?
Hey guys, i'm so good. 5k Play count everysingle month since 2014 and still don't understand how this game works HAHAHAI'M SMART BOYZ. Let me make fun of someone else, so maybe no one check how i lose 1,538 hours of my life to learn nothing. Pls kill me i'm suffering. 26 Years old, making fun of unknown people on the internet. My parents are proud of me.
E m i

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Pls kill me i'm suffering.
but srsly you wouldn't be crafting your replies so carefully as to specifically check every single statistic on his profile and accurately report it if you had an actual point would you -_-
KupcaH

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

B1oody wrote:

So you're telling us you're a clown. Smart dude. Can you even read a book, or only inflate balloons?
Omg, Manuel is trying to be smart. XDD

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Hey guys, i'm so good. 5k Play count everysingle month since 2014 and still don't understand how this game works HAHAHAI'M SMART BOYZ. Let me make fun of someone else, so maybe no one check how i lose 1,538 hours of my life to learn nothing. Pls kill me i'm suffering. 26 Years old, making fun of unknown people on the internet. My parents are proud of me.
From what you're saying, I'm pretty sure that even 6 digit understands this game better than you.

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

so maybe no one check how i lose 1,538 hours of my life to learn nothing.
Oh, looks like you've learned a lot from circle clicking game. 550 hours wasted.
You know, it's called game, and people playing it to.. guess for what? To have fun.
kai99
cupcake chill there's no more reason to continue with this troll you kno that!!! im done with this bullshit already habibti

you dont need a mech, they'll help, but i use a logitech k360 which is a wireless rubberdome (it takes tons of power to press this shit) and it strains my fingers a bit at this point but i did fine up until now. yes, they'll help; but a mech is not necessary.
Barusamikosu

Momiji wrote:

but srsly you wouldn't be crafting your replies so carefully as to specifically check every single statistic on his profile and accurately report it if you had an actual point would you -_-
Not to mention how childish and cringy doing that actually is.
Yolshka

abraker wrote:

My keyboard needs 20 grams of force or something to press. I can feel my keyboard is draining me off stamina, and a better keyboard wouldn't hurt, but it will be like taking your weights off. You will come to a roadblock once again and going back to your older keyboard to train will feel like going to a different gamemode
Im thinking about getting one just to try it and see what the deal is about tbh but thats very interesting that you say that.
I have a membrane.
Also my x key got so rekt, if i push it its gets stuck pushed down, and feels really wierd to push it again,but it works i guess, but by pressing z it gets unstuck (they are next to each other), and it feels really funny to stream like that.I could just change to others keys but meh.

also op, - Eiji Kuinbii is really hard wtf.

edit now the z key also gets stuck ... i need a priest.
Genjuro
Manuel shut the fuck up, you are legit a fucking meme. Don't you realize that you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about? Like seriously stop trying to give advice you just make yourself look like a fool.
Celine
Axarious reached 3 digit with laptop keyboard
Lack of peripherals is no excuse
kai99

BWSnoob wrote:

Axarious reached 3 digit with laptop keyboard
Lack of peripherals is no excuse
oh i didnt know tht, :o
must've been quite painful since if i stream on a laptop keyboard it strains my fingers a lot
show more