forum

best amount of time to regularly play and improve

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kai99
hey guys i fucked up the title, i know. but this isnt a troll post believe me

So for me it takes about an hour to warm up, two to play decent maps, three to fill up a day's worth of plays & be satisfied with how much I've played that day; and playing three hours regularly has helped me improve a lot. However, since I'm going to uni soon I'm pretty sure I won't be able to fill up three hours as regularly or play shorter hours regularly.

How many hours do you guys think a player has to play regularly in order to keep their skill / in order to improve? This can be based on your own experience or what you've seen from others.
Nanachii
i've always wanted to know the answer to this
ManuelOsuPlayer
I find better play 3h at day than 16h to improve.
1H at day should be more than enought to keep skill. All from there to 3 hours should be a good place to work on improvment.
You will lose stamina.

Also depends on your time to warm up. I need 2H to warm up. There are people what with 15 mins are warmed up enought to start playing decently.
Tamako Lumisade
I play 1h-2h a day. And I've been steadily improving.
Celine
1-3 hours should keep your improvement rate steady
KupcaH

kai99 wrote:

How many hours do you guys think a player has to play regularly in order to keep their skill / in order to improve?
imo
If you're gonna play everyday for an hour I don't think that you'll lose any skill. Maybe only stamina. Because stamina require constant practice.
And about improvement, hour after being fully warmed up should enough to slowly but surely improve.
Also, don't forget that everyone has different improvement rate.
Deva

KupcaH wrote:

kai99 wrote:

How many hours do you guys think a player has to play regularly in order to keep their skill / in order to improve?
imo
If you're gonna play everyday for an hour I don't think that you'll lose any skill. Maybe only stamina
I play 1 hour on average and I keep improving steadily, maybe not at a crazy rate but I'm improving
My stamina is also improving
10 mins is more than enough to warm up if you know how
KupcaH
Ugh, I can do my best only after 1-2 hours of playing.
Deva

KupcaH wrote:

Ugh, I can do my best only after 1-2 hours of playing.
pray mole
[ Zhiend ]
I play more than 3h a day and i don't find that much improvement right now, but that might just be me being bad and tilted ;)

Anyways as long as you play at least 1 hour a day i don't think your skill will decrease so just make sure to keep playing :)
autoteleology
The best amount of time to play is as long as you can stay mentally involved. The more you can play in this mental state, the better - there isn't really a limit as far as I am concerned. Good practice is always useful.

Once you start to lose motivation and start going through the motions just to rack up play time, it's time to take a break, take a nap, or play again tomorrow. Practicing when you don't care is just a recipe to reinforce bad habits with little to no gain.
vinnicci
Celine
tfw you want to get to 3k pp but 4k mmr seems easier to do so 🤔
Akanagi
Depends on how fast you get burned out and warmed up.

I have to atleast play an hour to be warmed up, and I think it's the best idea to instantly stop as soon as you get tilted by every little mistake.
Tilt as in thinking stuff like :"I shouldn't miss that / I should've been able to hit that", or "Wtf can I still not stream consistently after all this practice"

As long as you're having "fun" or atleast aren't in a state where every little thing p*sses you off is beneficial.
Just playing to rack up the playcount because you think high playcount per day equals fast improvement isn't the right way to do it. IMO.

There is a limit on just how much muscles (and memory) your body can develop at any given time. So just because you're playing 12h a day, doesn't mean you would be improving 3x as fast as a guy who plays 4h a day.

There's also a lot of potential lost on just doodling around playing stuff like Big Black or just playing mindlessly / without paying much attention.
Topic Starter
kai99
heres another question:
how to balance osu and academics?
Ryoid

kai99 wrote:

heres another question:
Atlast, someone that making a Question for this topic :)
KupcaH

kai99 wrote:

heres another question:
Drop osu! and study hard. :3
Celine
You focus on academics and play on spare time
Duh
Celine
Don't worry, osu! is not that much if a time/mental sink compared to dota/cs if you want to improve :)
KupcaH

BWSnoob wrote:

You focus on academics and play on spare time
Duh

BWSnoob wrote:

Don't worry, osu! is not that much if a time/mental sink compared to dota/cs if you want to improve :)
How about you stop double posting in every thread? :hangthinking:
show more