forum

Can mp3 compress without affecting it quality?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Poivila_qwq
so... I want to make a Marathon map

and the original mp3 is so BIG

so I compress it and...

the sound quality isn't good now qwq

so is there a way to compress mp3 without affecting it's quality? qwq
Endaris
No.
Although it is not officially supported you could use the .ogg-fileformat instead as it has superior quality at the same filesize.
I would recommend compressing at 128kbit/s with VBR (variable bitrate). This should give you an okayish quality at relatively low filesize.
Also make sure that the file you are compressing actually has good quality and is not some upscaled one.
Read here for more information on audio quality: t/320007

As your map is a marathon you also don't have to worry too much about compression. You have to do one small tweak to your beatmap in order to be allowed to upload a bigger mp3 with your map. That is renaming your sole difficulty to "Marathon". If it is the only difficulty of your map, your beatmapsize can go as far as 100 MB opposed to about 30MB.
Topic Starter
Poivila_qwq

Endaris wrote:

No.
Although it is not officially supported you could use the .ogg-fileformat instead as it has superior quality at the same filesize.
I would recommend compressing at 128kbit/s with VBR (variable bitrate). This should give you an okayish quality at relatively low filesize.
Also make sure that the file you are compressing actually has good quality and is not some upscaled one.
Read here for more information on audio quality: t/320007

As your map is a marathon you also don't have to worry too much about compression. You have to do one small tweak to your beatmap in order to be allowed to upload a bigger mp3 with your map. That is renaming your sole difficulty to "Marathon". If it is the only difficulty of your map, your beatmapsize can go as far as 100 MB opposed to about 30MB.
ok, thank you