forum

[Archived] Didn't get the right weighted PP

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sylnt
This is probably going to be a really stupid question -_-

Problem Details:

It says on the website that I got a weighted score of 124pp on Drop - Granat [Extra]. However, I got no such PP, overall, I was awarded less that 100, including the other maps that I had played that day. How come? This is with most of my top plays. On my second top play, it says I got a weighted of 72, but I only remember getting 19?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

https://gyazo.com/ce05ab74ee5f02899cbe49f40a935a1e

Cheers in advance ^.^
STAGsby
When you get a new top score, all of your others move down and are therefore each weighted less than they were before. For instance, you get a new score weighted at 124, but the other 99 scores move down and are no longer collectively worth what they were before, so if they were worth 1000pp before, maybe now they are worth 980pp, so you only end up +104pp. Now your total pp is 1104. I'm pretty sure that's how it works but I was never very good at math. ;)

Hope that helps!
Topic Starter
Sylnt
Does this explain my I didn't get close to the weighted PP it said I should have gotten? I'm probably just reading it wrong :P
Irreversible
From my understanding it's like this:

Let's say your top score is 120PP with a weight of 100%. All scores lower than that are weighted lower, so you might have a 100PP score (weight 90%) and a 80PP score (weight 80%).

Now you get a new top score, 130 PP. This one is now weighted 130PP. What else happened? All lower scores moved towards the bottom: the 120PP score is only weighted 90%, the 100PP score is weighted 80% etc.

That's why you'll never get the full amount of PP, because subsequent scores are weighted less after you've achieved a new score.