forum

Warning Meter

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Alex311360
This is a kinda unusual request, because it deals with the forum and possibly in game.
If you post a bad thread, annoying thread or do something harmful, your warning meter gets kicked down a notch. The more that goes down, the more less time you can get banned. It could look like the osu! ki meter. And you can see it in game on your profile card or somewhere, kinda like on the Roblox Today forum I go on. It could also have the OK and the ! and !! thing. Link me the request link already if this is done. Thanks!
-sHaDoWsN1pEr13
Rena-chan
...What ?
I don't even.

Please try again, and make sense this time !
Topic Starter
Alex311360
http://dawn.forums1.net/t3891-i-saw-a-s ... -yesterday
Notice every post by their username has a warning level. That's where I am getting at.
Soaprman
We have enough stuff next to our posts already. And all this does is give meaning to small warnings that don't matter in any kind of big picture. All-around terrible idea.
SapphireGhost
"the more less time you can get banned"
Good idea.
ziin
I sort of agree. Currently there's nothing preventing us from posting stuff we know is wrong other than self control.
mm201
So an infraction system? I don't see any need of that here since misbehaviour is infrequent enough. Infraction systems can also get abused pretty bad.
Shiirn

ziin wrote:

I sort of agree. Currently there's nothing preventing us from posting stuff we know is wrong other than self control.
and 'what the community will think about you'.

hahahaha.
ziin
That's why I sort of agree. If there is no problem (really there isn't one on forums that I can see) then there isn't a good reason for an infraction system.

IMO infraction systems are useful for discouraging bad posts. Giving people a warn for posting things like "star" or avoiding the minimum post length is a good way to get people to stop.

The problem is that people are stupid, childish, and would go kicking and screaming along with anything like that, and it would create a whole heap of problems with rules lawyers and complaining (moreso than we have now for chat bans).
Kitsunemimi

mm201 wrote:

So an infraction system? I don't see any need of that here since misbehaviour is infrequent enough. Infraction systems can also get abused pretty bad.
^ This.

The last time I saw a spammer was a few months ago, and I frequently visit (more or less the same parts of) this forum. In my opinion, an infraction system would only be useful if the report button isn't enough. It never gets used in the first place, but hey, that just adds to the fact that we don't get any spammers or trolls.