forum

Over-streaming everything.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kurtis-
Anyone know how to stop over-streaming everything and get a consistent movement in my fingers going? I always manage to over-stream every map I play including high BPM stream maps. Tips would be appreciated!
KupcaH
Play low bpm stream maps more.
Endaris
Practice streams at a speed where you can consciously control how fast you are tapping. This would be low bpm streams. How low is what you have to find out yourself. There's a link to a bpm-ordered selection of streammaps in the stickied thread by jesse1412 in case you lack low bpm stream maps.
Once you learned controlling your fingers at a manageable speed it will be easy to abstract that skill and stream higher bpm more accurately as well.
Deva

Endaris wrote:

Once you learned controlling your fingers at a manageable speed it will be easy to abstract that skill and stream higher bpm more accurately as well.
That's rich coming from someone who can't stream himself
Pro tip: that won't help

On the other hand conscious effort to stream slower will
ManuelOsuPlayer

kurtisisdead wrote:

Anyone know how to stop over-streaming everything and get a consistent movement in my fingers going? I always manage to over-stream every map I play including high BPM stream maps. Tips would be appreciated!
https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmaplist?q=m2u&m=0&r=0&g=0&la=0
https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmaplist?q=sakuzyo
kai99

Endaris wrote:

Practice streams at a speed where you can consciously control how fast you are tapping. This would be low bpm streams. How low is what you have to find out yourself. There's a link to a bpm-ordered selection of streammaps in the stickied thread by jesse1412 in case you lack low bpm stream maps.
i've been losing my streaming fingers (as if i had any in the first place -_-) so i'll have to try this. thank endaris
Endaris

HK_ wrote:

Endaris wrote:

That's rich coming from someone who can't stream himself

On the other hand conscious effort to stream slower will
Except that mine is an issue of stamina not of being unable to stream accurately. And my stamina is an issue of insufficient "play more" so yeah. Being able to stream what you have the stamina and speed for is the thing that is being asked here so I'm answering that.
N0thingSpecial

HK_ wrote:

Barusamikosu
Try to get a feel for what each BPM you're interested in playing sounds like. A quick way to do this is to open the map in editor and let Auto play a stream for you.

Once you know what an accurate stream of that BPM sounds like it's just a matter of attempting to imitate that over and over until it becomes a habit.
Celine
Click the circles
To the beat
ManuelOsuPlayer

Barusamikosu wrote:

Try to get a feel for what each BPM you're interested in playing sounds like. A quick way to do this is to open the map in editor and let Auto play a stream for you.

Once you know what an accurate stream of that BPM sounds like it's just a matter of attempting to imitate that over and over until it becomes a habit.
Can you diference 220bpm from 222.2 from 219 from 225 that way? Even if you can you have to learn all bpms one by one...
Read the circles 1by1 or/and each stream beat so you can play all bpm. You can tell how many circles have a stream by listening the song before even play the map.
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/591635 Really easy to listen each beat.
Barusamikosu

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Can you diference 220bpm from 222.2 from 219 from 225 that way? Even if you can you have to learn all bpms one by one...
It's just a training-wheels method to get one started in learning control. Back when I could hardly make my way through a 150 burst I was often referencing the sound of a perfect stream via Relax/Auto and immediately returning to the map to make my own attempt to recreate what I heard.

In the case of someone that's already learned stream control, such small differences in BPM won't need to be learned individually and can be felt intuitively during play. For example, someone who has good control over 180BPM and 190BPM streams won't have trouble with the streams in a 186 BPM map because they will simply know to just cut the interval of their tapping to match the stream based on the tapping interval created by the jumps before it, assuming standard mapping with a stream that matches the BPM of the map.
ManuelOsuPlayer

Barusamikosu wrote:

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

It's just a training-wheels method to get one started in learning control. Back when I could hardly make my way through a 150 burst I was often referencing the sound of a perfect stream via Relax/Auto and immediately returning to the map to make my own attempt to recreate what I heard.

In the case of someone that's already learned stream control, such small differences in BPM won't need to be learned individually and can be felt intuitively during play. For example, someone who has good control over 180BPM and 190BPM streams won't have trouble with the streams in a 186 BPM map because they will simply know to just cut the interval of their tapping to match the stream based on the tapping interval created by the jumps before it, assuming standard mapping with a stream that matches the BPM of the map.
Streams are just more circles. Play them like circles.
Barusamikosu

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

If I played streams the same way I do singletaps I would lock up after 3-5 notes xd
ManuelOsuPlayer

Barusamikosu wrote:

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

If I played streams the same way I do singletaps I would lock up after 3-5 notes xd
Something normal when you aren't used to READ any longer than triples and some 5 notes burst.
You can learn at easy low bpm streams using HT. You will read them for sure.
Slow to the point to say: Ohh there is a circle, let me use my finger to tap it. Ohh there is another one, let me use the second finger. Ohh other circle, which finger i have to use now?... I think you get it xD
Then just go faster and practice the acc.

The other way it's listen each beat, tap each beat, and use rhythm/flow/speed to aim instead going circle per circle reading them.
Barusamikosu

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Something normal when you aren't used to READ any longer than triples and some 5 notes burst.
Nice assumption about my ability.

I'm not the one having trouble with streams here but thanks for the tips I guess :?
Sandy Hoey

Barusamikosu wrote:

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

I'm not the one having trouble with streams here but thanks for the tips I guess :?
You can just dismiss most of what Manuel says, he cant help himself. He has a little bit of a reputation...if you know what I mean
KupcaH
Sandy Hoey knows
ManuelOsuPlayer

Barusamikosu wrote:

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

I'm not trying to be rude in anyway. We all want to improve, i just say what i think can be usefull.

Sandy Hoey wrote:

You can just dismiss most of what Manuel says, he cant help himself. He has a little bit of a reputation...if you know what I mean
Can't help myself on what? xDDDD
Can you pls be more specific instead criticize with your big mouth without even have idea wtf you're talking about?
KupcaH
wow

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

I'm not trying to be rude in anyway. We all want to improve, i just say what i think can be usefull.
Think less. It's clearly bad for you.
show more