forum

E-Type - Russian Lullaby

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
The Bic Pen
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on October 8, 2017 at 11:37:45 PM

Artist: E-Type
Title: Russian Lullaby
Source: All Stars Disco 1
Tags: disco russia
BPM: 148.08
Filesize: 7614kb
Play Time: 03:08
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy/Normal (1.91 stars, 188 notes)
  2. Hard (2.47 stars, 257 notes)
  3. Harder (3.03 stars, 276 notes)
Download: E-Type - Russian Lullaby
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This is my first map!

I'm looking for feedback of any kind.
//Currently, I think the biggest issue is the difficulty being inconsistent throughout the map.

The map has no proper itsounds (yet). It doesn't have a background either, and I haven't found a specific one that I want to use, so I'm open to suggestions for one.

v0.2 (August 3, 2017)
-replaced single streams that were way too difficult
-fixed bad sliders
-improved spacing

v0.3 (August 10, 2017)
-fixed timing
-adjusted offset and shape of some sliders
-adjusted offset of a few circles

v0.4 (august 27, 2017)
-published harder diff
-adjusted difficulty settings

v0.5 (September 21, 2017)
-changed a few patterns around to increase variety
-partially hitsounded both diffs
-added normal diff

v0.5.1 (October 06, 2017)
-changed ending of the harder diff
-submitted to ranked

v0.6 (October 08, 2017)
-made some patterns on easy diff easier to read
-minor adjustments to new combos on harder diff
-adjusted diffcult pattern and the surrounding sliders on the harder diff
-lowered OD of easy diff (3 -> 2)
-added more kiai

Thanks for the help!
OrangeYouGlad
Hey, I saw your post in the BPM/Offset thread. I'm trying to get better at timing myself :lol:, so here's my attempt at finding the correct timing. Let me know what you think so I can get better at doing this in the future :)

BPM:148.08 (1), 148.02(2)
Uninherited Offset Points:
00:21:421 (1)
02:05:148 (2)*
02:32:701 (1)

*I found that the string interlude has a slightly different tempo, and if you ignore it the pre-chorus comes back in time, but just in case you wanted to map that section I found this change made it feel much nicer.

I'm not sure who gave you that advice, but personally I don't agree, I could be wrong though. I think its really easy to tell if you've found the right tempo, and if it feels right I'd personally just go with it even if my inner perfectionist would rather see nice whole numbers :lol: Feel free to shoot me a message if you have any questions or comments.Happy Mapping! :D

p.s select all (ctrl+a), nudge forward (k), nudge backward (j) this will re-snap all your objects after the changes ;) dont forget to re-snap your timing sections
Topic Starter
The Bic Pen
Sorry for taking so long to respond, but I tried out your timing, and it worked great!
As for the whole number BPM, I got that from Pishifat's video on timing. He said that it should almost never be a decimal, but I guess this is one of those rare cases where it is.
Thanks for the help. :D
OrangeYouGlad
In hindsight my response was a pretty big blanket statement :lol: sometimes people use the decimals values to compensate for using an incorrect offset. I have no where near as much experience as he does, so generally thats not a bad rule to have because, if it is wrong you will definitely hear about it in the modding process. But in this case I'm fairly confident I've placed the offset correctly, inb4 gets corrected usually if I'm wrong someone else who's also checking BPMs/Offsets would have corrected me by now. But at least this will at least let you get started and worst case scenario you just gotta re snap some stuff P:

Happy Mapping ;)
zekromshock

The Bic Pen wrote:

Sorry for taking so long to respond, but I tried out your timing, and it worked great!
As for the whole number BPM, I got that from Pishifat's video on timing. He said that it should almost never be a decimal, but I guess this is one of those rare cases where it is.
Thanks for the help. :D
His response was in the context that most music that is mapped is Japanese and comes from anime. It will have exceptions (otheriwise there wouldn't be decimals in the first place), such as this track I'm mapping as a side project.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.