forum

Right click osu tray icon reveals options

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
O2MasterFX
A simple options like exit game, open, restart, or anything for osu when right click the tray icon would be nice. I sometimes forget that osu is running in background most of the time and when I wanna exit the game, I have to re-open the game and it took a long time to reload anything.
HD Gamer
You can always close osu! like any normal application in the task bar. You have to "exit" osu! twice if you are mid song however. It being in the tray icon serves no real purpose.
Topic Starter
O2MasterFX
^another reason why this feature should be added, coz it's efficient and safe. Why?

If we're mapping, and forget that we did because we hide it, we can use the tray options to safely save the map and close the osu without reloading the whole map db.
If we're playing, and forget that we did, we can also use the tray to safely exit the game without having to exit the map and evantually, reload everything again.

The way to kill the process via task manager is not good at all. We may lose files we did when mapping, or small occasion of corrupting the map db without our consent.
Nitrous

Odzim wrote:

You can always close osu! like any normal application in the task bar. You have to "exit" osu! twice if you are mid song however. It being in the tray icon serves no real purpose.
The Boss Key's real purpose is to hide osu! from whoever you are trying to hide it from. Hide your hentai animu stuffs from your family specifically
Aside from that, I agree on this idea. +Support.