forum

Should i be doing this/that/whatever

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
oamleya
Recently I've been binging on osu hoping to get 1k pp by the end of the month but i want to know if some of my habits could help me improve or drag me down. Because of this i wanna ask a few questions about improving.
1. Forcing myself to retry a map until i can pass it because i was super close the first time
2. HDHR-ing maps that are around 3 stars when i can play 4.5 and slightly above
3. Not single tapping
4.forcing myself into practice maps
Meah
Just chill out/stay relaxed, from my experience forcing things only causes stress which will make some tilt though I've been successful sometimes and earn some performance points from tryharding. Also, if you are trying to reach 1k pp by the end of the month, you can just play some normal maps with HDHRDT. As for your four mentioned habits from the above, I do not see anything wrong with it, if you're having fun then go with it. Play at your own pace, not with others'.
Sandy Hoey
Why did you post in mapping techniques...
Meah

Sandy Hoey wrote:

What the.. I just noticed too
Ryoid
Just enjoy the game and you reach 1k pp without noticing

Edit:i just notice

Sandy Hoey wrote:

yeah right, why do you post here?
Edgar_Figaro
Also there is up to 416.6PP bonus you can get just for passing a ton of maps for the first time. So you'll earn more PP by playing a bunch of different maps that you can potentially get good scores on (at your normal FC range) than you will by trying 1 map over and over