forum

Adding Rival system

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
haha5957
How about if we may set a rival (or rivals), and your rival's score and rank appears under yours (in-game), just like your rank. (or add "show rival score leaderboard")

For example if my Rival is Doomsday (sure the design needs to be MU-ch better, just example :

and this should display since your rival has played it (even it's out of #40)

Actually Konami rhythmgames (Jubeat, Drummania) are using this system and many people enjoy using this.

I think should be ok when provided to Supporters only. When supporter ends, Rival display should end too.

This might take some server resources, but that's why this is for supporters. people might just support osu! for rival, which might make peppy rich
Kitsunemimi
Sounds useful, but I think a lot of people would either want a LOT of rivals, or they wouldn't want to use this feature at all. In the case of many rivals, we already highlight your friends in the top 40, and a separate friends rankings list has already been suggested and denied.

Since this is sort of related, I'm not sure if it'll get accepted or not. I personally don't support this, since I'm okay with the friends highlighting.
DelMann2
Chmpf. Idea itself is good. whi not
Topic Starter
haha5957

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Sounds useful, but I think a lot of people would either want a LOT of rivals, or they wouldn't want to use this feature at all. In the case of many rivals, we already highlight your friends in the top 40, and a separate friends rankings list has already been suggested and denied.

Since this is sort of related, I'm not sure if it'll get accepted or not. I personally don't support this, since I'm okay with the friends highlighting.

oh there already were... but I think there are differences:

1. for example, Jubeat, you can have 20 friends and 1 rivals between them (seems like it's going to be extended to 3 on next version)
this means we don't need something like "friends ranking only..". al we need is A rival's (or maybe up to 3 or something) score.

2. Not-pro users like me (Levels on 30~80, Ranks on #8000~, you know how it's like) never can get into #40 unless it is Easy or Normal.
friend highlight means nothing for us because player likes me would take several months to get into #40.

3. You know how scoreboard shows while playing : 1~40, and mines. and all we need is rival's score there.. I don't think thats gonna be too hard..

4. this is for supporters only
Copter-kun
Looks quite pointless. Why would you need this?
Suimya
i think this useless and pintless as Copter-kun says and to me i have many rivals Like over 100 \o/
i'm not supporting this sorry </3
rust45
Pointless, most likely your rival is a friend of yours and friend leadboards was said to be denied before.
Shael_old
support this idea

quite fun for competive players
Topic Starter
haha5957
There IS different between rival and friend. I would set cookiezi as friend but not rival.

Setting 1~3 rivals differ from setting hundreds of friends and cause overload on bancho.