forum

[Archived] Name change

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Skyera
Hello, I would like to change my name "itsmiaxix" to "Skyera" , the problem is that "Skyera" is already taken but created the account 6 months ago , and also didn't log in for 6 months, only played 2 maps and is not even ranking, any chance I can get the username?
Sandy Hoey
I believe the rule about taking someones username is that you must wait until the player is inactive for 6 months, and for every 500 plays, it is an additional year. However, to actually get the name removed from that account so that you can take it, you would have to contact accounts@ppy.sh and make a request. We can do that on the forums
Dntm8kmeeatu
You will be able to use that name in 8 days.

You can always check the availability of names via the Name Change page on the osu! store https://osu.ppy.sh/store/product/32

Also, for future reference on taking usernames;

Help Center wrote:

You can take an existing user's username if they haven't logged in for at least 6 months when they have no plays. For every 500 plays across all game modes you must wait an additional year to take the username. This means that to take the username of a user with a play count (combined over all modes) of 680, you will have to wait 1.86 years (or 678 days) from their last login.
Topic Starter
Skyera

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

You will be able to use that name in 8 days.

You can always check the availability of names via the Name Change page on the osu! store https://osu.ppy.sh/store/product/32

Also, for future reference on taking usernames;

Help Center wrote:

You can take an existing user's username if they haven't logged in for at least 6 months when they have no plays. For every 500 plays across all game modes you must wait an additional year to take the username. This means that to take the username of a user with a play count (combined over all modes) of 680, you will have to wait 1.86 years (or 678 days) from their last login.

Sandy Hoey wrote:

I believe the rule about taking someones username is that you must wait until the player is inactive for 6 months, and for every 500 plays, it is an additional year. However, to actually get the name removed from that account so that you can take it, you would have to contact accounts@ppy.sh and make a request. We can do that on the forums

Tysm for the help (: I will make a request
Dntm8kmeeatu
Don't email accounts@ppy.sh that's incorrect information.

Purchase a name change when the name becomes available via the Store page.
Megapcmx
sorry for asking but, if someone take (for example) my username, What happens to my account? It will show a random name or something?