forum

[Archived] osu! crashed when tried to close when loading a map

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JeDaYoshi
Problem Details: I tried loading a beatmap (one that could take some while to do so, to be exact of which: Serious Shit, mapped by notthathorse), but then I did regret after a while it was loading (it was still loading) and on Windows told it to do "Close window". The game went black for a moment, then came back with the image of the beatmap and said an error ocurred in osu! and was reported. After that I could not do anything, then again did "Close window" (I play it on full screen, but I mean about this.) and normally did say See you next time and the game faded out. Then, suddenly, an "oh no!" window appeared, saying osu! crashed.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at #=qZ$HAC_tmnINKiJLGXNncAavy1uLTB4nKx7Hs6eFBro3F_moPo1D6iVJBFTKVwiiP.#=qRCW0ItMPrhmp1cfUM1M_ww==(Boolean #=qy1fKiN5VnqxSQ_SzXYwF$Q==)
at #=qcHFwfwpGOp_f03RA3Qn8at4yr6oG3rvgloBYDI8RLc9tEgItCiYOL3HKvC8dQ08i.#=qRCW0ItMPrhmp1cfUM1M_ww==()
at #=qcHFwfwpGOp_f03RA3Qn8at4yr6oG3rvgloBYDI8RLc9tEgItCiYOL3HKvC8dQ08i.Dispose()
at #=qrGtPjXbsUa72j6StsXUgkv_os$ep8rv6YD3zdtTyCkc=.#=qo$hJ0moK2vvnxzV0DUpTvQ==(Boolean #=qQAMdKkDEfVM$7my7UL0OnA==)
at #=qdOVRubCsrgf3dUYLC0l6oaYjcdp8bkuQ0wFKz4dkiEI1OP7MkeraC7pe_lYdJLZf.#=qo$hJ0moK2vvnxzV0DUpTvQ==(Boolean #=qQAMdKkDEfVM$7my7UL0OnA==)
at #=qo5sjO8rULQKDv9XUAw_5fA==.#=qOsFyLR9i_QvYC6O1SGKQLQ==(Int32 #=qMAfKLsIcDqBMDlP6gJLM0g==)
at #=qo5sjO8rULQKDv9XUAw_5fA==.#=qrZE9ghk2g9mbsnqV10gc5Q==.#=qdZqfVVFMkzky1OJBuaMq0A==(Object #=qf$hHJPGyB$FPzpbUvScC1g==, EventArgs #=qTdJsNEypFV6WV0Qfa1ZrxA==)
at #=qo5sjO8rULQKDv9XUAw_5fA==.#=qdAdjN_vNZNRYtwO6noW0f3$PHM_VQLy2byuNgGHBrIM=()
at #=qo5sjO8rULQKDv9XUAw_5fA==.#=qOp$krqg_WfFlXmBR2svGeQ==()
at #=qHY$I16qlVFRlNsIw3wQQhVL_GM534tPpq67c$QnIJ7o=.#=qEoBgJK7Z$iG7Sd$UFjqkOg==(Object #=qGAmLLXSNe99jjiFICyQ5rg==, EventArgs #=qSi3vzTLuXEENu10nTgrxOg==)
at #=qZ5FUcmOBztfQi9G2ZLRFAYJlS8F$O3kFzldPRoBiOe4=.#=qT8Lugji2YZH2gbVZf5AkXA==(Object #=qGAmLLXSNe99jjiFICyQ5rg==, EventArgs #=qPAPFfs$4TzLk3V5$U84jnQ==)
at #=q5CTQhaHs$36OzmxKXnKF076PaHLTYe47OCAAMsJJnKs=.#=qTm7udHbSsVrr3j1zb91q_X75Ou8lQVBYj0ugo5r2X4E=(Object #=qGAmLLXSNe99jjiFICyQ5rg==, EventArgs #=qSi3vzTLuXEENu10nTgrxOg==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #=q5CTQhaHs$36OzmxKXnKF076PaHLTYe47OCAAMsJJnKs=.#=qUFoJaFQjr_S_3$QnVdeElQ==()
at #=qHY$I16qlVFRlNsIw3wQQhVL_GM534tPpq67c$QnIJ7o=.#=qUFoJaFQjr_S_3$QnVdeElQ==()
at #=qXUvc2RCwaFGGXeFwAfoqFQ==.#=qZcK24VlYEU41WVkZ9oyFvQ==(String #=qUbd1LGNG$d2Die57JTft$g==, Boolean #=qXE5G8z8xeSpA3F4_QJN2E3Cpn3BXXLzDMUcYoBDYtMI=, Boolean #=q0cUMXJ$NBLciSh8iWF6Wdg==)

I tried replicating it, and got it but in a different way (couldn't get to replicate it again the way it did before) - starting the beatmap, and before it did put the loading circle (was still in (1) icon), told it to close and again went black. Although, after 10 minutes, it was still stuck on there. Pressed ESCAPE, and nothing. Again clicked Close window, said See you next ti- - didn't complete the sound then it exited. No crash handler after that.

I am using Windows 7 Professional, SP1 Build 7601, 64 bits.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: Crash handler window, [replicating] the game going black - EDIT: recorded a video showing it happening (excuse me for the lack of audio and the Camtasia watermark, that's all I have atm)

osu! version: 20170616.1 (latest)
amax
Hey!

Has this handicapped or stopped you from being able to play? Can you not open osu! anymore? Maybe it could just be osu freaking out since you made it run a 200 star shitmap to be honest.
Topic Starter
JeDaYoshi
Eh, the game stopped me from being able to play, yes. The first time did launch the updater (no update, though), otherwise it'd work.

Yeah, perhaps would be it freaking out because that shitmap, but still. I'm not sure if it's specific with this beatmap or not.
amax
I would just wait for someone who knows how to analyze the code to reply, hopefully they know a solution of some sort.
Venix
Is this happens when you move songs folder out of osu! folder?