forum

[Archived] my osu is broken? [i think]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Blisstf2
Problem Details: Soo i have a problem with my osu [I think] i've tried to use this skin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-6Fab-x2Pg& and other 2 skins but they don't work seems like the skin is broken [witch is not because i've tried with one of my friends and is not, is only in my pc] when i install them it has a different problems like the font isn't the one of the skin or the cursor or is like the default skin, when the skins i choose are fully skinned is like my osu breaks some skins because alot i've used this doesn't happen any help? xD.
pd: i've tried alot of things even going to cutting edge (i don't know if this has something to do with but yeah)
pd2: i tried to install and redownload the skins like 10 times in a row before going to cutting edge

Video or screenshot showing the problem: here some screenshots of the problem is just broken http://imgur.com/a/wfPJz

osu! version: b20170616.1
amax
Hi!

From what I understand, you seem to be having problems with certain skins. To clarify, does this happen to every new skin downloaded after it started acting weird? Have you tried changing the display settings, like resolution? Some skins work best at certain resolutions and maybe that could be he problem. Your osu isn't loading some skin assets, which is why you may see some default skin files being used, like the default cursor.

If you don't find a solution, I'd just backup my osu beatmaps somewhere, uninstall/reinstall osu, and see if it works from there. If not it could be a computer issue, unfortunately.
Topic Starter
Blisstf2
yeah, the problem is only with some skins like, everysingle other skin i use is perfectly fine, but those 3 when i try them are like broken for me, i tried that changing the resolution, but i think you're right i use a 60Hz monitor i use 1366 x 768 so that could be i need to buy a 144Hz Monitor i think that should fix that i haven't tried to uninstall/reinstall i'm gonna try that but like you said it could be my computer or my monitor, either way thanks ^^
amax

Blisstf2 wrote:

yeah, the problem is only with some skins like, everysingle other skin i use is perfectly fine, but those 3 when i try them are like broken for me, i tried that changing the resolution, but i think you're right i use a 60Hz monitor i use 1366 x 768 so that could be i need to buy a 144Hz Monitor i think that should fix that i haven't tried to uninstall/reinstall i'm gonna try that but like you said it could be my computer or my monitor, either way thanks ^^
i dont think ts the monitor, if something shows its not the monitor most likely. if might just be the resolution, but i dont see 60hz being a problem. anyway, Im glad i helped somehow, and I hope you fix the issue. :)